Best Credit Card for KF Mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Credit Card for KF Mileage

Does any know which credit card (Amex,Visa etc) gets you the best mileage for KF (in Singapore)?

I am using Amex Krisflyer but understand that the 50% + 50% is only up to a certain limit, is that correct?

(Apologies if this has already been discussed. Can't find this on searching.)

You need to spend min $10k for AMEX KF card. Citibank has no min spend.

The best cards are with citibank: (however, comes with $25 conversion fee)

Citipremiermiles card: $1 spend = 1.2 miles (3x rewards points, usual $2.50 spend = 1 mile) (1 mile for 1 mile converted for Royal orchid plus, KF and northwest airlines's worldperks, for CX's asia miles, x0.4)

Citibank Platinum VISA/Mastercard: 5x rewards at dept stores (Metro, Robinsons, Isetan, Taka etc) and supermarkets (NTUC, GIANT, marketplace, shop & save etc)
    = $0.50 spent = 1 mile, every $5 spend = 5 Citidollars = 10 miles. must spend in multiples of $5..say if $3..no points will be awarded. say if spend $18, award 15 citidollars = 30 miles. 1 mile for 1 mile converted for Royal orchid plus, KF and northwest airlines's worldperks and Asia miles.

Citibank CLEAR platinum visa: Ez-link auto top up, starbucks, TCC, coffeeclub, POPULAR bookshop, Borders, Golden village, SHAW, cathay cineplex (basically, clubs, coffee, bookstores) all 5x rewards. 1 mile for 1 mile converted for Royal orchid plus, KF and northwest airlines's worldperks and Asia miles.

more information: www.citibank.com.sg

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.

I just checked with Amex Krisflyer. I've been getting a bum deal because their 50% + 50% is maxed out at $15K pa. Any spending beyond $15K for a year will earn only a mile for every SGD1. And I've exceeded that in the first 2 months of this year. Not only that... the extra miles are credited only in Feb next year. Blerk!

For Amex Gold, it is SGD1.20 to a mile. I refused to take on the Amex plat as they insist on charging for it while all my cards are free.

Citibank platinum cards are all free and I've been holding onto the basic platinum card that you mentioned. I will start using it. They have also offered me the PremierMiles Plat card. SGD1 will earn 1.20 miles. The 5x rewards also applies. Looks like this is the best card I have come across for the time being.

Comment

the best is to hold all 3 cards of citibank and use at different places:

all other places: Citipremiermiles

Citibank Platinum VISA/Mastercard:
        Citibank 5X Rewards Merchants
        Department Stores
        Tangs . Isetan . John Little . Marks & Spencer . Metro . OG . Robinsons . BHG . Takashimaya Department Store.
        Supermarkets/Hypermarket
        Carrefour . Cold Storage . Giant . Market Place . NTUC Fair Price . Shop N Save . Singapore Meidi-Ya (Applicable only at outlets accepting credit card payment)

Citibank CLEAR platinum visa: Ez-link auto top up, starbucks, TCC, coffeeclub, POPULAR bookshop, Borders, Golden village, SHAW, cathay cineplex (basically, clubs, coffee, bookstores) all 5x rewards.

You can combine the citidollars from platinum visa and clear card when you do a transfer to FFPs by calling citibank up to do the transfer but cannot combine citidollars and citimiles from premiermiles, hence you need to pay $25 admin fee twice.
        Last edited by ; 28 May 2009, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Am I right that there's no Hotel-accredited cards like those Marriots/Hilton ones in US?

Comment

Originally posted by khellek View Post
            Am I right that there's no Hotel-accredited cards like those Marriots/Hilton ones in US?
            No there aren't, unfortunately.
            J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Citibank Premier Miles is hard to beat. S$1 spend = 1.2 KF miles. Also, you get bonus miles upon annual fee renewal (after you pay annual dues) and you get priority pass membership with 2 lounge visits per year.

DBS Altitude is similar with S$1 spend = 1.2 KF miles. If you spend over $16k per year, they waive your annual dues.

Comment

Originally posted by dttj0069 View Post
                Citibank Premier Miles is hard to beat. S$1 spend = 1.2 KF miles. Also, you get bonus miles upon annual fee renewal (after you pay annual dues)
                Annual fees are waived if you're a Citigold customer

Comment

They waive fees for whoever asks but they also withold 10,000 miles - would assume they still still give 10k miles for Citigolds?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    They waive fees for whoever asks but they also withold 10,000 miles - would assume they still still give 10k miles for Citigolds?
                    Actually as Citigold customer, the premiermiles card is child's play. They offer the Ultima card which gives you; amongst other stuff; 135K KF miles when you 1st join and 1-for-1 SQ C tix. But then again its a $2K annual fee

Comment

http://info.maybank2u.com.sg/persona...s_infinite.htm

10x rewards points with Maybank cards!

All petrol stations in Singapore
                      F&B outlets
                      Ben & Jerry’s • Breeks! Cafe • Crystal Jade • Dian Xiao Er • Din Tai Fung • Ichiban Boshi • Jack’s Place • Kuishin-Bo • Sakura International Buffet • Seoul Garden • Soup Restaurant • Sushi Tei • Thai Express
                      Fashion outlets
                      Bossini • Fox Fashion • G2000 • Giordano • Hang Ten • Mango • ZARA

= S$0.25 a mile!! (KrisFlyer or Enrich)

Earn 5X tr’eats Points with every S$1 charged on
                      Air ticket / Travel Package
                      Transactions at Perfumes & Cosmetics outlets at Changi Airport
                      Overseas Transactions

= S$0.50 a mile!! (KrisFlyer or Enrich)

http://info.maybank2u.com.sg/persona..._card_visa.htm

BEST PART: Fee for conversion of tr’eats Points to KrisFlyer or Enrich Miles is waived for Maybankard MasterCard Platinum and Maybankard Visa Platinum Cardmembers.

FYI: Citibank charges S$25 per transfer to FFPs, UOB: S$20, AMEX/DBS/HSBC: S$42.80 per year (AMEX S$40), OCBC/RBS/Standard Chartered: S$10.70, BUT: Maybank: FREE!!!

Birthday special:
                      http://info.maybank2u.com.sg/persona...s_birthday.htm
                      Redeem selected gift items at 50% off their usual tr’eats Points required (up to 4,000 tr’eats Points after discount) during your birthday month.
                      Code Reward Item tr'eats Points
                      after 50%
                      TK1
                      500 KrisFlyer Miles
                      625TP

TK2
                      500 Enrich Miles
                      625TP

thats = S$0.125/mile!! impressive!!

Well done Maybank!!
                      Last edited by ; 9 June 2009, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                        Actually as Citigold customer, the premiermiles card is child's play. They offer the Ultima card which gives you; amongst other stuff; 135K KF miles when you 1st join and 1-for-1 SQ C tix. But then again its a $2K annual fee
                        135K KF, well you can do a fair bit with that if you play your cards right. Always nice. Being a once-off (if I read correctly), that'll average out eventually.

1-for-1 SQ C, is that only for booking through a certain travel agent (with of course, inflated mark-up prices)?

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                        But then again its a $2K annual fee
                        Not entirely unexpected, I must say. But then again, it depends how you use it. I wonder with my CC spend, if the Ultima would still come close in terms of earning ratio? Does it match / better the PremierMiles card?

Not to mention you'd have to give at least 100k AUM to Citi for the 'privellege'.

yongchau: Sure you're not double-posting there, mate?

Also as pointed out by milehighj in your other Maybank thread, those special earning rates are at select locations only. Of which I may only patronise 1-2% of the time (of course, you may just happen to go to all those places 90% of the time, so it might be fantastic for you). However, based on what/where I spend, Maybank is nowhere near the kind of mileage accumulation I'm looking at earning under PremierMiles, despite the exorbitant S$25 I'd have to cough up everytime I transfer.

So, bottom line is I'm not that impressed with the Maybank side.
                        Last edited by Kyo; 9 June 2009, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          Just called citibank. As a citigold account holder, the Premiermiles card is free. No mention of witholding miles... forgot to ask about that. Hmmm...

Comment

Thanks so much for sharing the post

credit auto

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
                              Just called citibank. As a citigold account holder, the Premiermiles card is free. No mention of witholding miles... forgot to ask about that. Hmmm...
                              No benefit in being a citigold customer.
                              You're still offered the same 2 choices :
                              1) waiver of $180 annual fee, with no miles.
                              2) pay the $180, and get 10,000 miles.
                              J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Working...
                              X