F Redemption Booking Hassles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
    Have tried that, even on the different flight but on the same date.
    Not to long then, KF emailed me to remind me that I have a duplicate booking, and must cancel one of them immediately. Ignore them, they called me and suggest me to cancel the unissued booking, because it's not allowed to have a duplicate booking. Even as I explained to them, that I'll canceled my J ticket as soon as I got confirmed on F booking. Thay said KF won't cleared the F one, because I already have an issued ticket on that route on that date.
    I think you can still waitlist for a different class using the same booking.
    So if you have a confirmed J, I think you can use the same booking reference for a waitlist on F.
    I say *think*, because a booking reference can show simultaneously a confirmed seat and a waitlisted one (albeit on different dates), at least with SQ. I have one of those now..
    Can anyone confirm this?
    F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

I think you can't have two CONFIRMED bookings for the same date. That means if you are WL in F and confimed in J and the F becomes available, SQ will push you to make up your mind. I have had this on several occasions in Y and J (never having redeemed F).

Comment

Originally posted by SQJunkie View Post
        I think you can still waitlist for a different class using the same booking.
        So if you have a confirmed J, I think you can use the same booking reference for a waitlist on F.
        I say *think*, because a booking reference can show simultaneously a confirmed seat and a waitlisted one (albeit on different dates), at least with SQ. I have one of those now..
        Can anyone confirm this?
        Can't do that with online booking. But it can be done with "offline booking" (and no discount for that . With the 50% discount, I absolutely won't do 'offline booking" except for Star Alliance booking)

Comment

Originally posted by barbene View Post
          I think you can't have two CONFIRMED bookings for the same date. That means if you are WL in F and confimed in J and the F becomes available, SQ will push you to make up your mind. I have had this on several occasions in Y and J (never having redeemed F).
          Ah yes. Agreed.
          It should not be a hard choice - Y or J ?
          F all the way. Settle for J. Usually whY. Sigh.

Comment

I tried redeeming SIN-LAX and LAX-SIN in Sep in both Y and F, but only managed to get the 25% discount, and not 50%. What's up with that?

Comment

Originally posted by ginkoka View Post
              I tried redeeming SIN-LAX and LAX-SIN in Sep in both Y and F, but only managed to get the 25% discount, and not 50%. What's up with that?
              50% discount to LAX in September is valid for SQ37/SQ38 only. SQ11/SQ12 is only 25%.

https://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_...Redemption.jsp

I will be shocked if you manage to redeem F or Y on SQ37/SQ38.

Comment

Oh I forgot about that teeny weeny T&C again. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X