No announcement yet.

SQ Softening Up on PPS Qualification: Courtesy Requalification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Man Flyer, you were right! I got my courtesy PPS renewal last week!

Comment

Got a courtesy requalification today. There was a lagtime of 6 days where it showed my membership expired on Nov 31. Finally came up today with the new PPS membership valid for another year. For the record, I was $8000 short and had one F SQ RTW, one FRA-JFK C and one HKG-SFO F ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by daron4000 View Post
        Got a courtesy requalification today. There was a lagtime of 6 days where it showed my membership expired on Nov 31. Finally came up today with the new PPS membership valid for another year. For the record, I was $8000 short and had one F SQ RTW, one FRA-JFK C and one HKG-SFO F ticket.
        Congrats! Glad you are still continuning as PPS.

Comment

Originally posted by daron4000 View Post
          Ditto (for PPS solitaire), despite having quite a bit less than that in PPS Value. Maybe they are taking into account my past excessive levels of flying SQ premium cabins?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
            Ditto (for PPS solitaire), despite having quite a bit less than that in PPS Value. Maybe they are taking into account my past excessive levels of flying SQ premium cabins?
            How much is "a bit less than that"? I am just calculating my chance of getting a courtesy requalification because I am significantly less.

Comment

I had less than half the required amount. But as I said, SQ may have taken into account that under the old scheme I racked up over 500 PPS sectors in just 3 years.

Comment

I had less than half the required amount. But as I said, SQ may have taken into account that under the old scheme I racked up over 500 PPS sectors in just 3 years.
                Congratulations, Kiwi!

Comment

Congrats!

That's a huge drop in SQ travel; from 500 PPS Sectors in 3 years to less than 12500 PPS values. Using my rough average of 500/sector, the latter is equivalent to 25 sectors. Did you just fly less, or switched to other airlines because of PPS changes?

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                    Congrats!

That's a huge drop in SQ travel; from 500 PPS Sectors in 3 years to less than 12500 PPS values. Using my rough average of 500/sector, the latter is equivalent to 25 sectors. Did you just fly less, or switched to other airlines because of PPS changes?
                    That is a very sizeable revenue for a single passenger. By projection, Kiwi would gotten LPPS in six years under the old system.

Comment

2004 to 2006 was when I was flying SQ a lot. At the rate I was flying I anticipated reaching LPP first half of 2009.

2007 was my biggest flying year overall (close to 500k flown miles), and that was the first year my SQ flying dropped to relatively low levels (due in part to the changes). When the changes were announced I got a letter saying I'd already been requalified (this was very early in my qualification year).

In 2008 I flew even less on SQ, didn't aim to requalify but managed to just scrape in (with some very odd PPS Values - much lower than anticipated on some flights while much higher than expected on some other flights).

In 2009 my SQ travel was less again. Funnily enough on the old system it would have been enough to requalify on PPS sectors if that was still in place. I had no expectation of requalifying* so it was a pleasant surprise to see the extended expiry date.

*this requalification is the first sign SQ has even noticed I'm no longer flying them much.

Comment

But as I said, SQ may have taken into account that under the old scheme I racked up over 500 PPS sectors in just 3 years.
                        They haven't to be honest, even if it's something they should. Their intention was to renew virtually everybody who hasn't made the 25K PPSV apparently.

I'd be interested in hearing if there is anyone who didn't make it and hasn't had courtesy requalification.

Comment

After reading Kiwi's 500 sectors in 3 years, I thought that my chance were close to zilch. But MAN Flyers' post gave me a glimmer of hope.
                          My PPS qualification year is till Mar 2010 so they may stop giving courtesy requalifications.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                            My PPS qualification year is till Mar 2010 so they may stop giving courtesy requalifications.
                            That might be what goes against you, as things are picking up now. I'd say drop them a line and ask, but as it's never been an officially announced policy anyway, you'll just get the straight bat boiler plate reply.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              They haven't to be honest, even if it's something they should. Their intention was to renew virtually everybody who hasn't made the 25K PPSV apparently.

I'd be interested in hearing if there is anyone who didn't make it and hasn't had courtesy requalification.
                              Apparently Danny Bhoy did not get this courtesy requalification as seen here .

Comment

Originally posted by aerosmith View Post
                                Apparently Danny Bhoy did not get this courtesy requalification as seen here .
                                He has zero PPSV. Not surprising!

Comment

Working...
                                X