Possible to use upgrade award and change flight date at same time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to use upgrade award and change flight date at same time

I am considering booking MEL-BKK-MEL in Economy (E fare class) , but the flights are heavily booked on the SIN-MEL sector in economy in late January. If I book a return E fare with a return date of 30 Jan (currently available at AUD1855) can I then use an online upgrade to upgrade the return bkk-sin-mel and at the same time change the date to Jan 25? Because I need to be back in Melbourne by the 26th and there is nothing avail in economy until the 30th. There is plenty of J availability on that date, and there is business saver awards available. I need to do this online as i want to save 15%, Im running low on miles now
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
    .......I need to be back in Melbourne by the 26th and there is nothing avail in economy until the 30th. There is plenty of J availability on that date, and there is business saver awards available. I need to do this online as i want to save 15%, Im running low on miles now
    You can only change to the new date if the new date has both E and I classes available. It may be possible to get an exception if you call, but not online.

Comment

Can't be done online - but can be done if you call krisflyer membership services.
      matt_will_fix_it

Comment

thats a bit frustrating as im a couple of thousand miles short of the 35000 mile full upgrade (29750 online upgrade) requirement. might have to fly thai
        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

I think you will have to call, my friend did it by upgrading to the A345 flight for SIN - LAX, there won't be any Y class available for that flight anytime.

Comment

Working...
          X