Help me qualify for *G !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me qualify for *G !

After much deliberation, I thought I should re-qualify Gold as I'm just about 1000 miles short. Currently the following is my status:-

Current Elite Miles: 34,977
    Additional Miles required for Elite Gold requalification 15,023 by 31/01/2009

Flights scheduled:
    LHR-KUL 6945 Elite Miles 2nd Jan 2009
    KUL-LHR 6945 Elite Miles 31st Jan 2009

Miles required to qualify 15023 - 13890 = 1103 KF miles
    I have options to do a mileage run from LHR, as well as KUL.
    So far I have the following options. Seems like quite costly...

KUL-SIN-HKG = RM1,725 (3372 miles)
    KUL-SIN-BKK = RM1,418 (2128 miles)
    KUL-BKK (TG) = RM1,495 (1343 miles)
    Just wondering if you guys have better & cheaper ways to grab those 1000 Elite miles. Much appreciated!

ps. my next flight after 31st Jan would be 6th March as my return flight to KUL and that would definitely re-qualify me. Do you think SQ will allow me to requalify with my 6th March flight, seeing that I have already booked the ticket?
    Last edited by quik!; 30 November 2008, 02:16 AM.

Miles required to qualify 15023 - 13890 = 1103 KF miles
    Since you are so close to re-qualification, have you considered CGK?

It is cheaper (RM 1,289) and will re-qualify you as gold (1,284 miles), and you can return to KUL on the same day. However, if you compare it with KUL-SIN-BKK, for approximately RM200 you can get an extra 844 miles. Also another thing to keep in mind, BKK protests: will things get settled when you travel? Can you risk being stuck in BKK if there happens to be another disruption in BKK?

Early congratulations for your *G re-qualification!

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
      ps. my next flight after 31st Jan would be 6th March as my return flight to KUL and that would definitely re-qualify me. Do you think SQ will allow me to requalify with my 6th March flight, seeing that I have already booked the ticket?
      No. You need to earn the miles with flights before the end of your membership qualification year.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
        No. You need to earn the miles with flights before the end of your membership qualification year.
        Although there have been reports of KF extending your membership year if you call them & show you have ticketed bookings.
        matt_will_fix_it

Comment

After much deliberation, I thought I should re-qualify Gold as I'm just about 1000 miles short. Currently the following is my status:-

I have options to do a mileage run from LHR, as well as KUL.
          So far I have the following options. Seems like quite costly...

KUL-SIN-HKG = RM1,725 (3372 miles)
          KUL-SIN-BKK = RM1,418 (2128 miles)
          KUL-BKK (TG) = RM1,495 (1343 miles)
          Just wondering if you guys have better & cheaper ways to grab those 1000 Elite miles. Much appreciated!

With my experience, issue the ticket before the end of your qualification. send a mail to them together with your ticket number(not booki reference). they will entertain. Atleast it work for me (extention for 1 week) and my colleague ( 2 months). they will consider

Comment

Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
            Although there have been reports of KF extending your membership year if you call them & show you have ticketed bookings.
            Originally posted by yauee View Post
            With my experience, issue the ticket before the end of your qualification. send a mail to them together with your ticket number(not booki reference). they will entertain. Atleast it work for me (extention for 1 week) and my colleague ( 2 months). they will consider
            I understand that you guys have the first hand experience in getting the extension. But, what would happen if the OP follows your experience and it failed, i.e. KF did not let him have 2 months extension?
            In my opinion, the extension was given based on case by case, or KF made one time exception, and you guys were lucky to hit that lenient. Thus, if I were the OP, I would not take a gamble hoping for extension. I am looking at this way, it's 1000 miles short from 50,000 miles to requalify. I don't want to ruin my chance to get EG by taking a gamble. And yes, the rule says the 50,000 miles has to be earned before the end of the requalification membership period.

Since the OP is in the UK till new year, why not looking for something reasonable ex-London in December? Christmas market visit in FRA or MUC, or weekend in Switzerland? Or even visiting somewhere warmer in southern Europe? There are many Star Alliance partners. Just to remember to check the booking class for earning KF miles.

Comment

I haven't been granted any extension to my KF Membership year - only read here and on other forums that it has been done in the past...

However, if the OP has a ticketed booking with SQ I think its worth a call to see if they will extend the membership year. Otherwise a quick trip to Europe would do the trick...
              matt_will_fix_it

Comment

I'm doing a MR this Saturday KUL-SIN-DPS-SIN-KUL a short overnighter in DPS on my Starwood points.

RM 1200

Comment

Thanks all for the feedback. I have decided to give a try and emailed SQ with all my ticketed booking references etc for their consideration. Let's hope they come back with something favourable!

Will update later when if they do reply. Here's to hoping. Cheers.

Comment

Yay!!!

Our Reference Number: Email/5XXXX
                    KrisFlyer Membership Number: 80XXXX

Dear Mr quik!

We are writing to you with regard to your Elite Gold membership.

We have reviewed your request and are pleased to inform you that, as a one-time exception, we have extended your Elite Gold membership for another 2 months ending 31 March 2009. You may view the changes online by logging in to your account.

Your Elite Gold membership card is currently being processed. Please allow 3 to 6 weeks after processing time for the card to reach your mailing address in our record as follows:

XXXXX
                    United Kingdom

Mr quik!, thank you for taking the time to write us and we hope that you will continue to enjoy all the benefits of your Elite Gold membership in the year ahead.
                    Logged into my account and new date has been reflected. Thank you KF

Comment

Yay!!!

Logged into my account and new date has been reflected. Thank you KF
                      Congrat!!! Another succes story. 2 Months extention mean after your next trip. Just dont be surprise they might amend the qualification once you completed the balance 1103miles with no balance bring forward (5k plus).

Comment

Okay, just an update...fast forward a few months later, I found that I couldn't qualify for Gold in time by 31st March 2009, with 1450 miles short as I had to postpone my scheduled trip back to KUL to mid April.

So I wrote to KF to extend to end April. Instead of extending, they decided to retain my status until next March 2010! Yippie!

Comment

Working...
                        X