More champagne, Sir?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More champagne, Sir?

In less than three months to PPS - time for my first Y segment on SQ. I picked SIN-ZRH, invited a friend and used the new 50% one-way redemption "enhancement" and the Amex PPS voucher. 35,000 miles in total for two, not a a bad deal.

But how would I survive on board without Krug? Flashing my PPS card, demanding god-like treatment? I decided to buy a bottle on the ground and to gift it to SQ (note: you are not allowed to poor your own booze up in the air).

So I approached a very surprised Lead Steward after boarding and "gifted" him a bottle of Krug... After take-off he showed up in Y and apologized that he could not chill the champagne yet as he was not allowed to open his own catering on the ground - instead, he offered me "his" Krug... And free refills... And turned down my offer to replace "his" Krug with "mine" - after arrival I got back my "gift", unopened...

God-like treatment, the unexpected way

On my way back, I was in F again. On LH, using the FCT in FRA (S-Class shuttle now with AMG sports rim *g*). Dining in style before boarding on an award ticket - SQ must have some room for improvement ;-)

Loving the thread title

Comment

That's the kind of service I delight in. Glad to hear your Y experience as QPP was special, SMK77.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by More Champagne Sir? View Post
        Loving the thread title
        For a few seconds, I thought you were the OP!

Comment

That is true Singapore service! I just wish they made it easier for UK based SQ lovers to earn miles over here.

Comment

Originally posted by nonsoloinglese View Post
            That is true Singapore service! I just wish they made it easier for UK based SQ lovers to earn miles over here.
            Amen to that.

Oh, and welcome to SQTalk, nonsoloingelese.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Been thinking how nice More Champagne, Sir? at this moment being pampered aboard SQ with flowing champagne all the way to Changi.

I hope no hiccups!

Comment

Working...
              X