Gifting miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gifting miles

Can one gift miles to another through KrisFlyer?
    Is there any service charge for this?

Thanks
    zxcvbn

I don't believe so. You can only redeem miles (upgrades, one way, return) for someone else using your miles.

Comment

Hi - I'm new to this forum and will be asking a few questions as I have now aligned myself with Singapore Airlines (Credit Card and plans to fly with them). Sorry to butt in on this one but I had a similar query...both my husband and I have nominated our 15 year-old son as one of our KF redemption people - when the time comes for my son to fly with SQ will we be able to use our points to purchase a flight for him?

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk TanyaB, Yes, you will be able to use your miles to redeem a ticket for him as long as he is registered as a nominee

Comment

Originally posted by TanyaB View Post
          when the time comes for my son to fly with SQ will we be able to use our points to purchase a flight for him?
          Welcome to SQTalk. The answer is of course, yes, provided they come from a single account, either yours or your husband's, since you can't pool them together to redeem an award.

Comment

Thanks so much 9V-JKL and SQflyergirl...so...if I don't have quite enough points in my KF account (I will have points from UK return in economy - earnable class..I know not to book V, Q, G, N or T...plus my credit card Altitude Rewards that I will change into KF points) - can my husband transfer his KF points (from our UK trip) into my KF account and then I purchase the flight for our son from my KF account? (Phew...that's complex!! Sorry!)

Comment

Thanks so much 9V-JKL and SQflyergirl...so...if I don't have quite enough points in my KF account (I will have points from UK return in economy - earnable class..I know not to book V, Q, G, N or T...plus my credit card Altitude Rewards that I will change into KF points) - can my husband transfer his KF points (from our UK trip) into my KF account and then I purchase the flight for our son from my KF account? (Phew...that's complex!! Sorry!)
              There are far more complex things in life than airtickets, or frequent flyer forums, that's for sure but to answer your question, sadly, no, your husband can't transfer KF miles to you.

There is ONE way around it though - assuming you and him have a roughly equivalent number of miles, and together, this would be sufficient to redeem a round trip award - you can now (as of two weeks ago) - redeem one way awards for 50% of the miles required for a roundtrip journey (it used to be 70% of a RT)

In essence, outbound you redeem it for your son, and the return, redeemed by your husband. Hope this helps.

Comment

Many thanks SQflyergirl - that's really good to know. Prior to beginning my research about SQ's KF's I'd only known about the QF FF program and with that system my husband was able to transfer his points to me. So now I can plan ahead using your advice.

Another scenario based on the one way option - my son's flight will MEL-SIN-ICN-SIN-MEL with stopovers in Singapore for 2 or 3 nights in each direction. IF my husband's KF account doesn't have enough points for whole of one way to Seoul, can his points be used for one of the segments one way?

Comment

Another scenario based on the one way option - my son's flight will MEL-SIN-ICN-SIN-MEL with stopovers in Singapore for 2 or 3 nights in each direction. IF my husband's KF account doesn't have enough points for whole of one way to Seoul, can his points be used for one of the segments one way?
                  Do you mean if the miles are not enough for roundtrip? Yes, the redemption can be for one way only. Remember, you can purchase miles as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X