Upgrade Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade Question

Hello Everyone. This is my first post on SQTalk.

I was hoping you all may be able to assist me. I have booked a Krisflyer tix from JFK-SYD using a First Saver Award. On return from SYD, I will be traveling on the same flights as my sister, who is KF Gold, and is only booked in C Class.

She has put in a request for a standard upgrade. So far nothing has cleared. Do you believe that there is a chance that one of the flight segments may clear? Should she request the Standard F upgrade award?

It would be kind of strange for me to be sitting in F on these flights, and she sitting in C. Especially since her tix is a paid tix.

We will be spending one night in SIN, so the flights are booked over two days.
    (arrive in afternoon into SIN and leave for JFK on the following evening).

Any advice you may have would be appreciated.

Regards-

KB

Welcome to SQTalk, antepali.

Whether they clear depends how busy the flights are. Have you checked the loads for those flights ?.

Comment

The flight from SYD-SIN cleared in First using the saver.
      Now we have to worry about the SIN-JFK segment.

This is what the loads look like...

[KVS Availability Tool 3.3.0/Platinum - Apollo: ITN/US-ARL]
      SIN Singapore Changi SG [WSSS]
      JFK New York John F Kennedy Int'l NY US [KJFK]
      TUE 14 Oct 2008
      Carrier Flight From Depart To Arrive A/C St Availability
      --------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ---- -----------------------------------------------------------
      SQ 26 SIN 23:50 JFK 10:45 +1 744 1 F2 P0 A1 Z0 C0 J0 D0 S0 Y9 B9 E0 M0 H0 W9 Q9 N0 V0 T0 L0 K0

Doesn't really look good. KF has extended the upgrade request until 10 Oct for us. Maybe we should consider using a mixed upgrade for 125,000 pts rather than the saver that's only 70,000?

Will her status help at all?
      Last edited by antepali; 24 September 2008, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Well, it looks as of now, the whole story has changed!

There are no more seats left in F, and thefore, I assume that there is NO chance of a Saver Upgrade coming through. Therefore, I think it is in our best interest to redeem the 125,000 KF points, and redeem the standard upgrade award.

[KVS Availability Tool 3.3.0/Platinum - Apollo: ITN/US-ARL]

SIN Singapore Changi SG [WSSS]
        JFK New York John F Kennedy Int'l NY US [KJFK]
        TUE 14 Oct 2008

Carrier Flight From Depart To Arrive A/C St Availability
        --------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ---- -----------------------------------------------------------
        SQ 26 SIN 23:50 JFK 10:45 +1 744 1 F0 P0 A0 Z0 C0 J0 D0 S0 Y9 B9 E0 M5 H0 W9 Q9 N0 V0 T0 L0 K0

For anyone's past experience, are F seats known to open?

I am awaiting for the points to transfer from Amex to KF- and then they will place her on the priority waitlist (whatever that means)...

Any advice from anyone?

It would be nice for both of us to travel together!

Comment

Don't give up yet. There could be a lot of last minute changes in F booking. It is still possible for O class (F saver) to open up, but probably not until 24-72 hours prior to departure.

Comment

I agree with Terry. Don't give up.
            I see at the moment that there is no seat to sell for SIN-JFK point to point only. But if you look at segment per segment, SIN-FRA and FRA-JFK separately, at least there are 4 seats to sell.
            I had experienced the same situation before. No O class for SIN-JFK. But there was O class for FRA-JFK. So I was waitlisted for SIN-FRA, and confirmed for FRA-JFK.
            Of course, I can not predict what will actually happen to your flight but at least you may be able to ask SQ whether each segment has O class availability or not. And yes, sometimes O-class appears 3 days or a week before departure.

Not to forget, WELCOME TO SQTALK!

Comment

Thanks once again everyone for all of your help.

I would feel kind of bad for me to be sitting in first and my sis in biz. We will wait and see what happens!

Out of curiosity, is there a booking engine that will allow me to see the "O" inventory?

Thanks for the big welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by antepali View Post
                Out of curiosity, is there a booking engine that will allow me to see the "O" inventory?
                You can check in SQ website by choosing award redemption online booking. Pick first saver award.

Comment

Good news!
                  The standard award cleared and we just booked.

Thank you everyone for your assistance!

KB

Comment

Congratulations for the clearance of the upgrade! I am sure it will be wonderful flights to be on board with your sister.

Comment

Working...
                    X