KrisFlyer Devaluation: Changes to KrisFlyer Redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Greatfox View Post
    hey demue, have you had another reply yet?
    No I don't think they will EVER put a response on paper that actually tells us the truth about their intentions. I think above issue with even getting a 'Standard' upgrade award now in light of the Full awards indicates to some degree what the future will hold. If another response comes in, it will be as evasive and partonizing as the previous one.

I think for premium cabins (C, F) Full awards will mostly be available (except Suites of cos). Standard awards on long-hauls on new A/C will become a bit of a gamble like it used to be with the Saver Awards but okay mostly for Regional / Asian routes that don't have heavy & paid premium traffic. The odd saver awards will only be available on Regional / Asian routes that offer plenty of capacity and use old configs.

Well you get the idea.

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
      Count me in!!!

I have my first CX flight in years planned for later this week, and you cannot believe how much I want to like it so that I can swing more business away from SQ.
      Hey milehighj Would you care to share a TR on your CX flight? I'm rather curious on their service, seats, general feel of flights, etc. and I believe I'm in the category of people who are definitely leaving KF and still looking for possible loyalty programs that suits me best.

Comment

• Quick reply from SQ - think they got the message and are getting annoyed by now

Dear Mr Demue,

Thank you for your email dated 25 September 2009 to KrisFlyer Membership Services.

We have taken note of your feedback on the policy changes, and will include them for future consideration. We will like to highlight that the program is constantly being reviewed.

Once again, thank you for sharing your views with us. We hope for your continued support for Singapore Airlines and look forward to welcoming you onboard soon.

Yours sincerely
        XXXXXXX
        Head Membership Services
        Loyalty Marketing
        Singapore Airlines Limited
        -----------------------------------------------

Well I think they WOULD like to highlight that the program is constantly reviewed I always like the sentence that they look forward welcoming one on board again. Eternal love for SQ . Well in Y they are still my preference product wise and that is what I have to fly for cost reasons, but KF for mileage accrual - I DON'T THINK SO.

Comment

• You can't blame them for getting annoyed, demue. You've messed the system up!.

Didn't you know you are not supposed to respond to boiler plate replies ?. This has now called a system malfunction, as the robots there are not programmed to think for themselves. It's button A, B or C when people write in.

I'm going for a career in Customer Service/PR in my next life. First week of January ; enter pre-programmed responses to anticpated complaints. Rest of year ; go to beach/pub.

Originally posted by demue View Post
          We will like to highlight that the program is constantly being reviewed.
          Quite. No doubt they are working out what else they take off us as we speak.

Comment

• Originally posted by demue View Post
            Ehh but see the bright side ... focus on what you can get and I have to say I'm impressed that SIN - KUL is available as a Biz Saver upgrade. tremendous value for such a lengthy and service intensive flight
            Yeap, so worth the nicely wrapped sandwich with cutlery, anyone? And tea with proper cup and saucer!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tanandika View Post
              Hey milehighj Would you care to share a TR on your CX flight? I'm rather curious on their service, seats, general feel of flights, etc. and I believe I'm in the category of people who are definitely leaving KF and still looking for possible loyalty programs that suits me best.
              Not exactly the best place to put it I know, but my comments are in Post #659 of the Lounge Meets thread...

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthr...?t=142&page=44

Comment

• Called them up yesterday: asking for the full matrix of booking codes: just FYI

Saver: X,I,O (as we know)
                Standard: B,D,A
                Full: Y,C,F

Comment

• I was checking the miles require for SIN-ZHR-SIN on business saver using the redemption calculator on SQ website and it shows....

“Miles for the Saver Option is not displayed as award type is not offered in one of the sectors.”

Flight1 : SM
                  To: Zurich

Award Type Miles
                  Round-trip Business Standard Award Ticket 220000
                  Round-trip Business Full Award Ticket 540000

Other destinations that don’t offer business saver option includes, BCN / LHR / FRA / SYD / DEL / BOM / CPT / JNB / SFO / LAX / PEK

Looks like KF may stop business saver award in some popular destination in near future.

Comment

• Originally posted by darzee View Post

Looks like KF may stop business saver award in some popular destination in near future.
                    It's here already! With SQ1/2 being changed to a 77W, and SQ 15/16 already a 77W, there's no choice but to get the Standard or the Full awards... I was asked to pour more miles into Krisflyer for a waitlisted flight on SQ2.

Comment

• Rant mode.

I just tried booking BKK-NRT and NRT-various destinations in the United States through KF. What a pain, and still unbookable. I checked on ANA before calling, whilst calling, and after calling, and I see sufficient F/J availability on the dates I want to travel.

After 3 calls (admittedly the same person), SQ insists that:

-I have to book Standard Awards despite it being a *A partner
                      -There is no availability for 2 pax
                      -My info (i.e. ANA tool) must be wrong

I've asked to speak to a supervisor, but unfortunately they're busy the entire day today, apparently.

What a load of crock. Should I divert all my Citimiles into AsiaMiles and redeem on CX, then? Perhaps they actually have normal availability...!!!

Sorry, had to vent!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        -I have to book Standard Awards despite it being a *A partner
                        What is the possible logic for that, other than to cream more miles off unsuspecting customers???

Comment

Should I divert all my Citimiles into AsiaMiles and redeem on CX, then? Perhaps they actually have normal availability...!!!
                          No. Don't do that. I've looked at it for SIN-USA. Poor burn rates.

KF's *A rates to USA are not THAT bad. Before they lumped North America into 1 zone. LAX/SFO/YVR was 120K.

Comment

-My info (i.e. ANA tool) must be wrong
                            This is unfortunately quite possible since Krisflyer may not see the same availability that ANA sees, especially for NH flights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                              This is unfortunately quite possible since Krisflyer may not see the same availability that ANA sees, especially for NH flights.
                              For this session, the offending flights in question were not for NH flights - they were for UA (shock horror), OZ, and TG primarily. NH had 2xJ, for the day after, but my dates are fixed/non-flexible. Am now speaking with someone whom I think has a higher chance of success...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                                No. Don't do that. I've looked at it for SIN-USA. Poor burn rates.

KF's *A rates to USA are not THAT bad. Before they lumped North America into 1 zone. LAX/SFO/YVR was 120K.
                                For SIN-USA-SIN its 145,000 and 210,000 miles in J and F respectively, much better than the 240,000 and 360,000 for SQ! Though the earn rates from PM is just 0.4/$1, so you have to get the DBS card to make it work out.

Comment

Working...
                                X