KrisFlyer Devaluation: Changes to KrisFlyer Redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something new??

I was on a flight and as usual check in and got my boarding pass. On closer look, there is no indication on the boarding pass that I am a *G or PPS member. Remember previous BP were printed with QPP.... why?? Enhamcement?

This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
      Something new??

I was on a flight and as usual check in and got my boarding pass. On closer look, there is no indication on the boarding pass that I am a *G or PPS member. Remember previous BP were printed with QPP.... why?? Enhamcement?
      Maybe your FFN was mis-entered?
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Something new??

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        Maybe your FFN was mis-entered?
        In my opinion, when I see my BP like that, it means my PPS number is not captured by the system. Possibility of unmatched name. I usually ask the agent to reenter my number. If she/he thinks I am crazy, I just show her/him my BP collections with the correct presentation.

Comment

My card was swiped by the check in agent, I saw that myself. Did not look at my BP until I was in the lounge. Monitor my account to ensure that mileage is recorded. With this flight, I would be re-qualifying for PPS again. In any case will look at the BP when I check in for my return trip.
          This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
            In my opinion, when I see my BP like that, it means my PPS number is not captured by the system. Possibility of unmatched name. I usually ask the agent to reenter my number. If she/he thinks I am crazy, I just show her/him my BP collections with the correct presentation.
            Which reminds me I need to find an old BP stub for my upcoming flights. It's been so long since I've flown SQ that I got rid of it from my wallet.

Comment

My card was swiped by the check in agent, I saw that myself. Did not look at my BP until I was in the lounge. Monitor my account to ensure that mileage is recorded. With this flight, I would be re-qualifying for PPS again. In any case will look at the BP when I check in for my return trip.
              It may just be that the card was swiped after the BP was printed. I have had this a number of time (on BA) and as long as the card was swiped then it should be OK but always worth checking.

Comment

forget about the saver award from now on ... unless u wanna claim those ulu destination with lousy timing

Comment

Urgh, now KF miles are worth even NOTHING now! I am more than happy to pay for 70k+ for a 1 way upgrade for KUL-LHR, but looks like it will never be available?! Or maybe just my luck that the seats are taken up, but...

But 235,000 MILES? WTF?
                  Last edited by quik!; 1 October 2008, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                    It may just be that the card was swiped after the BP was printed. I have had this a number of time (on BA) and as long as the card was swiped then it should be OK but always worth checking.
                    I always politely ask for the BP to be reprinted so that I can check it has processed correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                      I always politely ask for the BP to be reprinted so that I can check it has processed correctly.
                      Yes, usually I ask for reprinted. My argument is that the BP as a proof for missing mileage if it happens.

Originally posted by quik! View Post
                      Urgh, now KF miles are worth even NOTHING now! I am more than happy to pay for 70k+ for a 1 way upgrade for KUL-LHR, but looks like it will never be available?! Or maybe just my luck that the seats are taken up, but...

But 235,000 MILES? WTF?
                      Aren't you catching up with the news about KrisFlyer?
                      A380 requires double miles, which in your booking above, it's not available. And now there is the new level of redemption that has been discussed in many posts in this thread!

Comment

• Originally posted by quik! View Post

But 235,000 MILES? WTF?
                        It's harder to redeem on the Whalejet, not all days have standard awards available. No saver for A380 too..

There are actually lots of Saver & Standard seats if you book wayyyyyy in advance. > 5 mths ahead...

Comment

I am more than happy to pay for 70k+ for a 1 way upgrade for KUL-LHR, but looks like it will never be available?! Or maybe just my luck that the seats are taken up, but...
                          Thing is, they're not happy to accept your 70,000 miles on the A380. Cough up many more miles, or, as Nick C advised, choose the non-A380 flight [singular] sufficiently far in advance.
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Yes I'm finally catching up, just couldn't believe it! Non-A380 flight would definitely be unavailable for upgrade by the time I book as I usually have to book 1 month before. Bleh!

I guess I will have no motivation to requalify *G for next year!

Comment

Yes I'm finally catching up, just couldn't believe it! Non-A380 flight would definitely be unavailable for upgrade by the time I book as I usually have to book 1 month before. Bleh!

I guess I will have no motivation to requalify *G for next year!
                              Ehh but see the bright side ... focus on what you can get and I have to say I'm impressed that SIN - KUL is available as a Biz Saver upgrade. tremendous value for such a lengthy and service intensive flight

Comment

• hey demue, have you had another reply yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X