Booking classes on SQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booking classes on SQ

Is there a comprehensive list of booking classes while taking SQ flights?
    If so, maybe we should do a sticky on it.

In particular, I am trying to find out the booking class of business saver using KF miles. And business using *A awards.

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
    ....In particular, I am trying to find out the booking class of business saver using KF miles. And business using *A awards.
    They both book into I class. However, I inventory differs depending on airlines making the booking.

Comment

Are you referring to the ones here?

Comment

The thing is that I always thought that KF members booked into a diffrent class as opposed to *A members. But it seems that they utilise the same bucket?

Comment

I'm under the impression that as far as SQ awards go:

* KF members have the most availability (with, I believe, PPS getting even more);

* lower down, the *A FFP from a particular country has the most availability from that country, e.g. BD has the most availability ex-LHR; and

* finally, all other *A FFPs share the same availability.

I don't know whether the above differentiates by fare bucket or not. It may be something similar to availability depending on point of sale, i.e. the same fare bucket but availability differs depending on who makes the query.

Added to the above, KF members can redeem for unrestricted awards which cost double (i.e. A380 and 77W) but this unrestricted award fare bucket is not available for other *A FFPs redemptions.

I believe SQflyergirl is the expert on all this but she doesn't seem to be around much nowadays.

Comment

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthr...5006#post45006

Comment

The thing is that I always thought that KF members booked into a diffrent class as opposed to *A members. But it seems that they utilise the same bucket?
              They all book into I class, but they are not the same bucket. The actual bucket depends on POS, as stated by jhm. There are hundreds of buckets for availability, not just 26 buckets. Although each POS can only see 26 buckets or less.

KF members book into the same I class, but have more availabilties. Don't forget you can only waitlist with KF miles.
              Last edited by TerryK; 12 September 2008, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Is there a comprehensive list of booking classes while taking SQ flights?
                SuperJonJon, there's a link on FT in the Star Aliance forum. It's in one of the sticky.
                Last edited by MAN Flyer; 12 September 2008, 05:33 PM. Reason: Remove OT comment

Comment

Just got round to it...

Kiwi's compilation here. Some extracted bits :

SQ Singapore
                  FC : RFAP O
                  *F : FAPR O
                  BC : CDJZ I
                  *B : CDZJ I
                  EC : SYBMHWUEKGQNVT X
                  *E : YBMHQNVWSELKTUG X
                  Key
                  FC : First Class
                  *F : First Class listed in 2008 *A Reference Guide
                  BC : Business Class
                  *B : Business Class listed in 2008 *A Reference Guide
                  E+ : Premium Economy Class
                  *+ : Premium Economy Class listed in 2008 *A Reference Guide
                  EC : Economy Class
                  *E : Economy Class listed in 2008 *A Reference Guide

in regular faces : paid
                  in red italics : awards
                  in red underlined : upgrades

Comment

So in short, if i were to use KF miles and being a PPS I should have bucket loads (pun intended) of availability. But I would not be able to see it using KVS or seatcounter as they only show a portion of the bucket.

Thanks for all the replies.

Comment

So in short, if i were to use KF miles and being a PPS I should have bucket loads (pun intended) of availability. But I would not be able to see it using KVS or seatcounter as they only show a portion of the bucket.
                      I don't know about seatcounter (never used it) but everything else you say sounds correct. KVS in particular only displays you the exact availability as that shown on the ANA tool, i.e. available to all *A FFPs rather than the additional availability to KF/PPS members.

Comment

Just a friendly reminder folks to refrain from making comments about other members.

Thanks.
                        Last edited by MAN Flyer; 13 September 2008, 05:01 PM. Reason: Clarification...

Comment

Working...
                        X