Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Given inaccurate info by KF call centre - <24hrs

Hi folks,

I just called the Singapore KF call centre to request an upgrade from JNB to SIN.
    She said cant be done as it is <24hrs.

I told her to do her math properly as it is 28 hours to flight departure time.
    Anybody know how they (or the system) determines whether an upgrade is within 24 hrs ?? In this case, it is obviously more than 24 hrs when I made the phone call.

I did not want to pursue it further as only Business (Unrestricted) is available (damm, even though KVS shows 4 C class seats available, they do not want to release more Business Saver seats.

As far as I know, the clock is based on Singapore time, for the computer reservation. Thus your 28 hours prior to departure, it is actually less than 24 hours in Singapore time. (Isn't it 6 hours time difference?)
    And please remember that even though in KVS or ExpertFlyers shows 4 availability, it doesn't mean that the redemption or upgrade seats are available. The award seats are booked in I class. What you see as 4 perhaps is in C or J, which is a paid $$$ class, not award.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
      As far as I know, the clock is based on Singapore time, for the computer reservation. Thus your 28 hours prior to departure, it is actually less than 24 hours in Singapore time. (Isn't it 6 hours time difference?)
      Interestingly this was what the agent said - an argument which I rejected - number of hours to departure is the same regardless of which part of the world you are in.

My flight departs at 1300hr (South Africa Time) on a Thursday.
      So 24 hours to departure would be 1300hr South Africa Time on Wed or 1900hr Singapore time on Wed. I called the call centre at 0930hr South Africa time/1530hr Singapore time on Wed.

KF call centre manager called me at a later date to apologise and acknowledge that her staff conveyed the wrong information.

Comment

Working...
      X