Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One year after PPS Changes. Any comments? Suggestions? Expectations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the IFS greeting each pax in F is considered "God like treatment", you lot ought to fly quality Asian airlines where this happens consistently.

Comment

• Although I have to say it depends on the IFS. Sometimes when they are not very good at small talk it really is quite painful (not helped by the fact that I am awful at small talk). Othertimes they have a very natural style and it is really nice.

Comment

• OK... 3 flights are hardly data but I thought the greeting of pax in F by one of the crew members is SOP as I've had it done each time (twice by the LSS, another time by the IFS). And I've never risen higher than *G status. Perhaps due to emptyish cabins?
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by wdranne View Post
          On a recent flight to Hong Kong on SQ2, the LSS stopped by every pax and greeted with her name flight details and thank you for flying Singapore airlines.

I wonder if its a new practice?
          I know that you are in F. In general, in F, the LSS, or LS or even IFS will greet F pax. Flight details given is rarity. I think I knew who the LSS is. I don't know her name but when I see her, I may recognize her. She has given the flight details all the time when she was on duty on the flights that I have taken during couple years back. It is a nice touch indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by kapitan View Post
            PPS = god like treatment??

Well, I did not want to start a new thread, just to share an experience on SQ 378, Singapore to Milan.....

I check in and knowing that I was assigned 18k for the return, I requested that the check in counter change my seat to 14A for my return leg.... a click of a few buttons on the keyboard, she told me done.... simple....

Then on the flight, the Chief Stewardess in charge of the cabin came to me after take off. Introduced herself and welcome me onboard the flight. Told me if I needed anything, just ask her. She then walked back to another passenger, apparently also a PPS member, did the same.

This does not happened very often. Let's see when I take my return flight if the Chief will come by.
            Well, it happened again.....

Was on the return flight, sitting in 14A.... the CSS came over and said...

"Mr. Kapitan, you are PPS member, this seat may not be best for you as it is near the galley and toilet, afraid the noise may disturb you. I have 11A available, would you like to move there?"

The fact that he acknowlegdes me as a QPP..... this had never happened before. I guess SQ is trying to add personal touch here in this economic downturn, probably hoping to retain QPP business.... I don't know, but that is my guess. BTW, the biz cabin was 3/4 full (1/4 empty).....
            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• SQ does love Mr. kapitan.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                SQ does love Mr. kapitan.
                I will only feel the love if they upgrade me to F when in J or to J when in Y....

Should I return the love????? Well, boss have sent out a circular saying we must tighten our belts and keep strictly to budget, which means I may have to go on TG or other cheaper J fares.....
                This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                  Well, it happened again.....

Was on the return flight, sitting in 14A.... the CSS came over and said...

"Mr. Kapitan, you are PPS member, this seat may not be best for you as it is near the galley and toilet, afraid the noise may disturb you. I have 11A available, would you like to move there?"

The fact that he acknowlegdes me as a QPP..... this had never happened before. I guess SQ is trying to add personal touch here in this economic downturn, probably hoping to retain QPP business.... I don't know, but that is my guess. BTW, the biz cabin was 3/4 full (1/4 empty).....
                  No such "luck" for me

Was lucky enough to be upgraded to J class on SQ 424, 20th Nov. The Chief Stewardess serving the cabin didn't even speak a word, smile or show any form of acknowledgment even though I thank her for serving me the starter. She didn't even bother to look into my eyes. Not that I’m bother by her attitude but I do find it a little rude. Maybe she knew I was an “upgraded” pax and did not pay for the J class services.

In all fairness, a Stewardess by the name of Agnes did intro herself and welcome me after showing me my seat

Comment

• Originally posted by darzee View Post
                    ......Maybe she knew I was an “upgraded” pax and did not pay for the J class services.....
                    This begs the question: do crew know your booking class?

Comment

• Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                      I was given a "hand written" boarding pass prior to boarding , not the standard printed one....

Comment

• Was seated in 31A today with a TPP couple in 31 B/C. After doors closed the CS in the Y cabin came over, addressed all three of us by name, shook our hands, offered papers and magazines. For the rest of the flight, all the crew serving our section addressed us by name and were extra helpful.

A truly great set of crew today. Makes it all the more lamentable how my opinion of SQ management remains in the toilet.

Comment

• Originally posted by darzee View Post
                          Maybe she knew I was an “upgraded” pax and did not pay for the J class services.
                          Originally posted by darzee View Post
                          I was given a "hand written" boarding pass prior to boarding , not the standard printed one....
                          Perhaps you just had a bad crew?
                          "Hand written" BP doesn't matter from what I have seen on my flights! The crew treated the "hand written" BP likes other pax in the same class of service when I was in J, or when I was in F.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                            Perhaps you just had a bad crew?
                            "Hand written" BP doesn't matter from what I have seen on my flights! The crew treated the "hand written" BP likes other pax in the same class of service when I was in J, or when I was in F.
                            To be honest, I never noticed a fellow passenger holding a handwritten boarding pass onboard my flights (but I have received one such F BP before).
                            But I have seen people being upgraded (at gate) with regular BPs and being treated equally well in the cabin.

I am sure a good crew would treat the upgraded person with handwritten BP equally as other pax in the same cabin class.
                            These are usually quite loyal/high revenue customers of the airline anyway (QPP/TPP/LPP).
                            That said, I wouldn't be surprised if there are crew who just don't get that and 'looks down' on the upgraded (as you said - 'bad crew').

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
                              To be honest, I never noticed a fellow passenger holding a handwritten boarding pass onboard my flights (but I have received one such F BP before).
                              But I have seen people being upgraded (at gate) with regular BPs and being treated equally well in the cabin.

I am sure a good crew would treat the upgraded person with handwritten BP equally as other pax in the same cabin class.
                              These are usually quite loyal/high revenue customers of the airline anyway (QPP/TPP/LPP).
                              That said, I wouldn't be surprised if there are crew who just don't get that and 'looks down' on the upgraded (as you said - 'bad crew').
                              Hand written BP doesn't mean it's an upgrade.
                              Sometimes happening for LMC, i.e last minute change. For example, on CGK-SIN. Since a J pax was booked on flight 957, and he requests for 955 which is fully booked. The pax arrives early enough, and waits at the lounge. SQ can just write the BP quickly and rushes him to the earlier flight when there is one empty seat.

Comment

• Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                                The crew doesn't know your booking class.
                                On the manifest, the crew will see the list of involuntary upgrade as well as involuntary downgrade.

Comment

Working...
                                X