Kris Flyer and PPS Qual Year Differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kris Flyer and PPS Qual Year Differences

Does KF actually explain the differences in qualifying dates to anyone when you go from KF to PPS?

When you are PPS, there is no indication on the website what the crack is with your KF Elite status.

Reason I ask is I got dumped out off PPS down to Silver, apparently I fell short by 418 miles of getting KF Gold, but had no idea the clock was up 2 months before my PPS expired. To make it worse, I have a couple of missed flights that weren't credited. I am moving to a new base in Singapore next month, and don't feel like having to earn 50K miles before I can get in a lounge again.

Dave

Hi Dave, when you say missed flights weren't credited, do you mean you missed the flight & didn't get miles, or you took the flight & it never credited to Krisflyer?

I would call them & say you've been a loyal customer for however many years & you're only short by 418 miles... ask them in the nicest possible way if they can make an exception...
    matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Hi Matt,
      I took the flights, they said they need the boarding passes. I sent them an email explaining I missed by 418 miles, and I was sending the pass by DHL. After 2 weeks, with no reply, I sent a prompt and they came back and just said my retro claims weren't valid as I hadn't provided a boarding pass. No mention of my question on upgrading to Gold.

I have now sent them the DHL tracking number (and the web site says it was delivered) and asked them to look for it. Calling the Kris Flyer line, the ladies were helpful, but it is in someone else's hands.

Apparently, last year, I got 140,000 plus elite miles, and this year April to April I got 49,582, due to not flying with Sing or Star alliance as much.

What makes it worse, is that going April to April (different to my PPS year) is what made me narrowly miss out on Gold, but now, they have reset my Silver year from when my PPS ran out, and I am missing 10K+ elite miles from April until June. So flexible when it suits them, not me...
      -
      Next week I am relocating to Singapore, covering SE Asia. If that doesn't suggest I would be using them a lot more than I already have, they have a funny idea of customer loyalty.

I am waiting a reply so I can confirm our tickets tomorrow on SQ down from Beijing to Sing next week. Without Gold, I won't have enough allowance, and with them dragging their feet on replying, I am seriously considering just cancelling, and flying Cathay through HK and paying the additional luggage.

If there is anyone from Kris Flyer lurking and reading this thread, please free to message me and explain why my past custom, and potentially much greater future custom isn't appreciated enough to resolve a simple issue like this in a timely manner.

Dave

ps - I don't usually complain about much but this is really getting my back up

Comment

The last few trips I've made on SQ with my wife, her miles got credited for the flight when I checked the day after the flight.

Mine were not.

I used their website to immediately file a missing mileage request although they ask you to wait for a few weeks before filing a missing mileage claim.

If I wait a few weeks, I'd have forgotten about the missing miles.

Try that next time.

Comment

when you hit pps, your new krisflyer gold membership starts. i am having a lot of trouble understanding your problem, because it doesn't really make any sense. you say that you have trouble figuring out what your status is when you are pps, but as soon as you are pps, you are gold.

Comment

No, I was PPS for the last 2 years, and this just ran out. In the last year until PPS ran out, I had travelled enough in the 12 months pervious to get a Gold card, but what actually happened was I became silver.

On my way to PPS 2 years ago, I obviously got silver earlier. It seems that for my Kris Flyer membership, they kept the Silver date as my membership year, (just for Kris Flyer, not PPS). So KF was April to April, and PPS was July to July. In April to April, I fell short by 418 EM. April to July I did a loa dmor emiles, (Which have disappeared now as well).

Now your comment has got me thinking. When I racked up enough to get Gold, then they should have updated my KF to Gold and possibly restarted the membership year from then. But it seems it didn't.

Ah well....

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
              when you hit pps, your new krisflyer gold membership starts. i am having a lot of trouble understanding your problem, because it doesn't really make any sense. you say that you have trouble figuring out what your status is when you are pps, but as soon as you are pps, you are gold.
              Has it changed with the new PPSV system? When I achieved PPS back in the good old days, my PPS year (Jan-Jan) was distinct from my KrisFlyer year (Apr-Apr). This meant I would've been demoted to ES if I hadn't done a quick MR to boost my Elite Miles.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

No, I don't think I was ever awarded Elite Gold when I got PPS. However, good news, I got back in the office today and checked my answer phone. Calling them back, they have come through for me, and tell me I will be upgraded to Elite Gold.

This has made me happy and brings the relief that I will be OK travelling with Sing a lot more in the future.

Dave

Comment

Hooray and congratulations, Dave1w.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

All sorted now! Logged in and my status is Showing as Gold

Comment

Working...
                    X