Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Requalifying PPS early: what happens to validity period?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requalifying PPS early: what happens to validity period?

PPS related question.
    I am about to renew my PPS membership. My orginal membership goes until Dec 08, but PPS value requirement for re qualification will be met by next week. How will that impact my new validity date? Will it start fresh from July, or will it be added to the current timeline, i.e. Dec 08 plus one year. Kindly advise.
    Thanks!

Originally posted by QPPS flyer View Post
    PPS related question.
    I am about to renew my PPS membership. My orginal membership goes until Dec 08, but PPS value requirement for re qualification will be met by next week. How will that impact my new validity date? Will it start fresh from July, or will it be added to the current timeline, i.e. Dec 08 plus one year. Kindly advise.
    Thanks!
    Your current PPS status will continue until Dec. 08 then you will automatically re-qualify again until Dec. 09. Any PPS value that you will have from next week onwards will still be credited to your account (and it might help with the upgrades) but it won't help you to re-qualify for the period of Dec. 09 - Dec. 10. Your PPS value will be reset to zero at the time of your re-qualification.

SQ sometimes (well actually most of the time) will re-qualify you 2 months in advance, thus you will have about 14 months for the next period to re-qualify again.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Very much appreciate it. Best

Comment

If your card is expired on December 31, 2008, you will get the new card in October 2008 with the new expiration December 2009. And on October 1, 2008 your account will be reset to zero. That's why you have 14 months to requalify again.

Even if you requalify early, unless you always travel in F, keeps flying SQ and accumulate more PPSV. PPSV will be the base for the op-up if SQ needs to do op-up.

Comment

Working...
        X