White PPS Club sticker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
    CGK got another shocker today when he checked in for SQ221. He got a "PPS CLUB" sticker on his boarding card ex-SIN....no Solitaire on the sticker and the staff insisted it was the correct sticker!!!
    OMG! And furthermore out of SIN! I feared for that staff's job security. :-p

Comment

CGK got another shocker today
      Ha ha ha ..He'll never live thro the experience..imagine the 'demotion' and 'loss' of status.

Comment

It really makes me start questioning the ability of the senior manager at SQ. If the rumours are true (unfortunately it seems that they are) and they are going to make it more difficult to qualify for PPS then to reduce the benefits and exclusivity of membership at the same time. You must be a complete imbilicle not to think that this is going to alienate a large number of your most profitable customers. The only thing I can think is that they are so arrogant that they believe that the quality of their service will still attract premium customers no matter what. If this is the case they should look at the very average reviews they have received on their new products and look at some of their competitors who really are not that far behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
          It really makes me start questioning the ability of the senior manager at SQ. If the rumours are true (unfortunately it seems that they are) and they are going to make it more difficult to qualify for PPS then to reduce the benefits and exclusivity of membership at the same time. You must be a complete imbilicle not to think that this is going to alienate a large number of your most profitable customers. The only thing I can think is that they are so arrogant that they believe that the quality of their service will still attract premium customers no matter what. If this is the case they should look at the very average reviews they have received on their new products and look at some of their competitors who really are not that far behind.
          I concur...there are now too many other options and carriers we can take - SQ (as PPS) last October didn't clear my family's Y tickets (on a separate PNR, but linked in their system), but cleared mine, so I just called Jet Airways (India - 9w) the day before we had to depart, and for a Platinum member 9w cleared 4 seats straight away!

I then went to the SKL, and cancelled my reservation there, showing them my 9w BP - the lady there had a shock of disbelief when she saw this.

Then I get seat blocking in economy on 9w!! Wow! (reportedly to be only in business on domestic flights, but is actually working in economy on international flights - it has been done for the return as well)

I had a whole row to myself, with the only vacant seats!

Personally, this whole PPS thing didn't impress me one bit (maybe you guys have had luck, and good for you!), so unless they wake up and smell the coffee, my loyalty would be questionable...
          Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; 1 February 2007, 12:08 PM.

Comment

CGK got another shocker today when he checked in for SQ221. He got a "PPS CLUB" sticker on his boarding card ex-SIN....no Solitaire on the sticker and the staff insisted it was the correct sticker!!!
            Okay, may be I was dreaming. The staff and the duty manager confirmed that slowly but surely the new sticker structure would be white for QPP and gold for TPP without Solitaire word, just plain PPS Club. These stickers do "reduce" the glory of PPS.

Comment

I really have no clue why they would do these changes.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                I really have no clue why they would do these changes.
                I guess the ink from the word "Solitaire" was a significant cost driver. ( at SQ)
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  I guess the ink from the word "Solitaire" was a significant cost driver. ( at SQ)
                  Something along the line of a consistency among *A carrier. But it doesn't make sense because QPP is a *G status.
                  May be LPP will have platinum sticker. Oh and we joked around that LPP will have blinky blinky diamond on the sticker.

Comment

Update

I have seen more and more white PPS stickers recently.

Comment

I got a gold sticker with no 'solitaire' on it ex Singapore to Auckland, and a gold sticker WITH 'solitaire' on it from Auckland to Singapore so I guess they are bringing them into Singapore first. I honestly didn't notice the difference until it was mentioned on this board.
                      Than again, I have no recollection of ever seeing a solitaire BP, and only jsut now found out what TPP means so I'm probably not the most observant person. (I'm not as old as this makes me sound, honest!)

Comment

I noticed yesterday at Transfer Desk BKK Airport, white stickers for QPP, and they still have stocks for SolitairePPS Gold stickers.

Comment

Got a non-Solitaire Gold PPS sticker from FRA-SIN last month. First time I've seen one of those!

Comment

Originally posted by fimo View Post
                            Got a non-Solitaire Gold PPS sticker from FRA-SIN last month. First time I've seen one of those!
                            Either the agent mistakenly affixed a Solitaire sticker (sounds like the new one - no "SOLITAIRE" wording but gold in color) or you didn't realize you passed the 250 sectors minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                              Either the agent mistakenly affixed a Solitaire sticker (sounds like the new one - no "SOLITAIRE" wording but gold in color) or you didn't realize you passed the 250 sectors minimum.
                              I'm pretty sure I saw a sheet of gold stickers with the Solitaire wording, because I was so perplexed by getting a gold sticker after myself having gotten the new cheaper whitish sticker.

Anyway, I actually like the old blue stickers best.

Comment

Originally posted by fimo View Post
                                Anyway, I actually like the old blue stickers best.
                                Yeah those are my favorite too.

Comment

Working...
                                X