Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you book one way *A awards with KF miles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you book one way *A awards with KF miles?

I can see on the SQ/MI only chart that you can book one way awards for 70% of the miles required for an RT journey.

Can that be done also for *A awards via KF miles?

No, I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
      No, I don't think so.
      AFAIK one way *A awards require 100% of the round-trip mileage cost, though with the way "taxes" are going the savings there may start to become worthwhile.

Comment

1 Way Redemption on Star A.

I was wondering if it is at all possible to redeem a one-way ticket on Star Alliance member flight using KrisFlyer miles. It doesn't specify in the website that you can or can't, it only has charts for roundtrip.

My intended flight would be, from SIN-LAX (1 way) on Lufthansa or Swiss. Is this even possible? Has anyone tried with success? Also, would it be possible to get a stopover in Zurich or Frankfurt?

Thanks so much for your help.

Comment

im surprised this hasnt been answered yet. I also would like to know the answer, and are Star Alliance upgrades on krisflyer also valid one way? If so is it 50% of required miles? The chart on SQ website only shows roundtrip
          My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

This is answered in the KF Programme Guide here.

• Subject to individual airlines’ flight schedule changes.
            • You can make your booking only for round-trip travel on scheduled flights operated by Star Alliance carriers.
            All reservations must be confirmed before ticketing. Waitlisting is not permitted except on Singapore Airlines
            operated sectors only. If your itinerary includes bookings in different classes of service, the award level
            corresponding to the highest class will apply for the whole award ticket. Travel is subject to the blackout
            dates and capacity control of individual Star Alliance carriers.
            • Your Star Alliance Award itinerary can include a complimentary en route stopover in addition to the
            turnaround point. No stopovers are allowed for purely domestic travel or if your itinerary includes only
            European cities. You may not stopover in the country where you commenced your travel. For travel to
            or from Central America, no stopover is permitted in Continental USA. You are allowed a maximum of
            six travel segments in your itinerary.
            • You may include transits in your itinerary for flight connections. However, you cannot use your original
            departure point to transfer to a final destination on the return leg.
            • You can purchase additional stopovers for 10,000 KrisFlyer miles regardless of your class of travel.
            • For more flexible travel, you can include an open-jaw at either the origin or the destination (e.g. fly
            Singapore to San Francisco, then LA to Singapore, or fly Seoul to Singapore, then take a return leg to
            Tokyo). En route open-jaws are not permitted for Star Alliance Awards. Open-jaws are permitted across
            different award zones but the higher award level will apply.
            • Side trips are not permitted. A separate award ticket is required for a side trip.
            • Backtracking is not permitted. Travel must be made via the most direct route.
            • You can only make changes to the destination or carrier on an issued ticket if travel has not commenced.
            Such changes will require re-issuance of tickets at a service charge. Please refer to krisflyer.com for the
            relevant fee.
            • Itineraries must include at least one Star Alliance airline partner (excluding Singapore Airlines).
            matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

• Backtracking is not permitted. Travel must be made via the most direct route.
              Assuming that I'm flying return, does the routing SIN-LAX-SIN on Lufthansa (via FRA) considered backtracking? But then there is the SQ38 non-stop flight to LAX, which requires a lot more mileage but it's the most direct route. What happens if I insist that I want to fly on Lufthansa? Will I be charged the standard amount of mileage required for a *A SIN-LAX-SIN sector?

Comment

Originally posted by Tanandika View Post

Assuming that I'm flying return, does the routing SIN-LAX-SIN on Lufthansa (via FRA) considered backtracking?
                No, that would not be blocked under 'backtracking'. That's a return flight. An itinerary of say SIN-NRT-HKG would be considered backtracking.

Having said that, I am not sure if they will allow you to travel from SIN-LAX via FRA. I have never tried anything like that with KF but I presume you would be expected to go via the pacific.

Comment

Perhaps we should combine with a small discussion before here.

Comment

Threads merged as per SQ LPP's proposal

Comment

Working...
                    X