PPS Value credited wrongly SIN-MNL ... then corrected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPS Value credited wrongly SIN-MNL ... then corrected

Last week I flew SIN-MNL in F for a work trip, and back MNL-SIN in Y.
    The total fare was S$1400, but I was credited only $700 for the SIN-MNL F sector.

So I emailed Singaporeair.com to query this, and this week they amended the PPSV to $1050 - so that's a good outcome (it's a small amount, but you never know whether it'll make a difference at year end).

Just wanted everyone to know that Krisflyer can get the PPSV wrong, but they investigate and amend any error efficiently.
    J. my own dear wife J.

They do. Same happened to me except that yours took much less time than mine. Perhaps SQ loves you more than me.

Comment

I'm still waiting to hear back about my query - it's been a month so far

Comment

You do have a great fares there. I see on line one-way SIN-MNL in F is SGD 1,600. SQ loves uprightman.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
          You do have a great fares there. I see on line one-way SIN-MNL in F is SGD 1,600. SQ loves uprightman.
          Hey, you are right : I did a dummy booking and it's $1600 one-way SIN-MNL in F and $2400 return.
          2 reasons : SQ definitely has raised prices since last month (it was $1400 one way one month ago); mine could have been a cheaper corporate fare. Actually I wouldn't have minded if it was pricier and gave me more PPSV, since I didn't pay for it.
          J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Originally posted by upright man View Post
            Actually I wouldn't have minded if it was pricier and gave me more PPSV, since I didn't pay for it.
            Shhh!

Comment

I'm glad I queried the PPS Value from my recent couple of flights. They had the fare some S$3000 lower than it actually was. As the ticket includes lots of non-SQ flights I'll only benefit a fraction of that when they recalculate it but it may be the difference between requalifying and not.

Comment

Hmmm I think I can see what has happened - currency conversion divided by factor instead of multiplying. You'd think they'd have sorted that out by now

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                  I'm glad I queried the PPS Value from my recent couple of flights. They had the fare some S$3000 lower than it actually was. As the ticket includes lots of non-SQ flights I'll only benefit a fraction of that when they recalculate it but it may be the difference between requalifying and not.
                  After weeks investigating KF responded by telling me my fare was thousands less than what I paid despite me sending in proof to the contrary.

Comment

So they're saying you hallucinated the amount you paid? Sheesh. Horrible response on their part.
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                      So they're saying you hallucinated the amount you paid? Sheesh. Horrible response on their part.
                      Actually it looks like a cut and paste job from the previous email, with an extra bit to say they'd looked into it again.

The really bizarre thing is, this was a ticket on SQ stock. They should know exactly what I paid for it. Perhaps I should ask for a refund of thousands of dollars for being overcharged?

Comment

Update. They are adamant they have the fare right, so I'm now asking about a refund. Of course the amount involved is much more than what I've been shortchanged on PPS Value.

KF is also refusing to provide details of the calculation - saying they are unable to retrieve the data. How am I supposed to trust the PPS Value if they get the fare wrong and can't/won't tell me anything else about the calculation?

Comment

I'm still waiting to hear back about my query - it's been a month so far
                          Nearly 4 months after my flights and the PPS Value is still being investigated (they now don't appear to trust the ticket I sent them or their internal data, and have asked for the invoice and credit card statements).

Who said PPS Value was simple and fair?

At the rate they are going I'll reach the end of my PPS year (and lose status) before they resolve this.

Comment

I sympathise with you, Kiwi. It must be so frustrating that it's taken so long to resolve this, and you PPS requalification is threatened.

Maybe you can call the PPS call centre again, and ask to speak with a supervisor to speed up the investigation ?
                            J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

At the rate they are going I'll reach the end of my PPS year (and lose status) before they resolve this.
                              Here's to hoping they'll be fair with you, Kiwi. They owe that much to a customer like you.
                              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                              X