Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok - I had a manager call me back to apologise and explain that it was incorrect information supplied to me & mrs matt_will_fix_it - they have now upgraded her account to elite gold.

I think Krisflyer themselves are confused about the rules, which doesn't help - however i'm very happy about the outcome.

Thanks to all here for your help too!
    matt_will_fix_it

Comment

• Congratulations!

Now you can aim for PPS also..

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        Now you can aim for PPS also..
        I thought PPS and KF EG were essentially the same
        matt_will_fix_it

Comment

• Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
          I thought PPS and KF EG were essentially the same
          Yes Matt, You're absolutely right. They are essentially the same if you're not fond of inflight and duty free shopping.

Comment

• hi guys,
            i'm really kinda lost and frustrated about this whole qualifying period requirement and all so if someone could please help me verify what sq/kf is trying to say here, i'd be more than grateful. thanks.

i wrote them last month arguing about the inherently unfair system about having to clock 25k miles for ES and thereafter another 50k to qualify for EG, which was when i received a reply stating that exceptions are available for first time EG qualifiers, of which I am one. Hence, the email went on to say I am still well on track for EG with 25k miles, and not 50k as states on the website.

sweet news right?

uhm, yes and no because in my case i wrote to say that i knew i'd be having some sfo-sin-sfo flights this year, hence i would be able to hit 50k between jan-sept/oct this year, but unfortunately there is this thing about the flights not being within the qualifying year.
            i went on to say also that if i had known about this qualifying period thing, i would've thrown my old KF account with that 5k+ miles in it and reregistered for a new one.

the reply i received yesterday states that I have only accrued 44044 elite miles and hence would require another 5956 elite miles by 30 April 2009 to qualify for EG.

here's a short log of my Star Alliance flights this year.

x

As you can see, i accumulated 53085miles from Jan till yeart till now. and fyi, there were about 5227miles from last/previous years.

it may also be helpful to note that i was only awarded ES on 18 August 2008, so I'm suspecting that the Jan flights i had on UA were not counted towards this qualifying period (guess my previous qp is April-April). Or can someone please help me understand better if i've got it all screwd up?

Matt_will_fix_it, i need your help now. which manager did you eventually write to? i mean, i did get that response from one mr Thong, which i told matt about, but the most recent email i wrote to was just sent to the generic feedback@krisflyer.com.sg email and was subsequently answered by Ms. Sri Eryani. i'm not too sure if i agree entirely with what she's saying since the first time i wrote to KF about having my UA miles transferred to KF, i had a response stating that it was not doable after the miles had been creditted to another FFP. I wish to note that after some more writing, this was rectified.

Is there a way now I can get them to include my Jan flights to count towards my Elite miles?

thanks so much and I appreciate all your help and feedback. thanks.
            Last edited by sqlove; 24 October 2008, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sqlove View Post
              hi guys,
              i'm really kinda lost and frustrated about this whole qualifying period requirement and all so if someone could please help me verify what sq/kf is trying to say here, i'd be more than grateful. thanks.
              sqlove - I share your fustration - no one within Krisflyer seems to know the rules... speak to 5 different people & get 5 different responses...

They could clarify the rules with 3 or 4 bullet points on their website, but instead we've got the current ambiguious statements...

Anyway, sqlove - I'll send you a PM with the details. Good luck - and remember that persistence pays off.
              matt_will_fix_it

Comment

• I have been reading this thread with a mixture of bemusement and concern.

It really is high time KF got their act together, worked out for themselves what the rules are (as it is becoming apparent they don't know themselves) and informed everyone officially what the situation is.

This is getting farcical.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  I have been reading this thread with a mixture of bemusement and concern.

It really is high time KF got their act together, worked out for themselves what the rules are (as it is becoming apparent they don't know themselves) and informed everyone officially what the situation is.

This is getting farcical.
                  Sigh, this is killing me. I spoke to Prakash over the phone a while ago and he said, qualification must be within 12-consecutive month period... is that right? i never saw nor heard that before. so he goes on to inform me that my jan flights did not go to count towards me EG qualification because there was a lapse between Feb-April when I did not fly StarA. THAT GOT ME DUMBFOUNDED!

sigh. anyways i put in a request for his supervisor which is currently on another call to ring me back. we'll see what he has to say about this.
                  thanks for all yr advise.

Comment

• Originally posted by sqlove View Post
                    hi guys,

i wrote them last month arguing about the inherently unfair system about having to clock 25k miles for ES and thereafter another 50k to qualify for EG, which was when i received a reply stating that exceptions are available for first time EG qualifiers, of which I am one. Hence, the email went on to say I am still well on track for EG with 25k miles, and not 50k as states on the website.

sweet news right?

uhm, yes and no because in my case i wrote to say that i knew i'd be having some sfo-sin-sfo flights this year, hence i would be able to hit 50k between jan-sept/oct this year, but unfortunately there is this thing about the flights not being within the qualifying year.
                    i went on to say also that if i had known about this qualifying period thing, i would've thrown my old KF account with that 5k+ miles in it and reregistered for a new one.

the reply i received yesterday states that I have only accrued 44044 elite miles and hence would require another 5956 elite miles by 30 April 2009 to qualify for EG.

here's a short log of my Star Alliance flights this year.

Date Description KF Miles Earned KF Elite Miles
                    10/20/2008 SQ 16 W SIN-SFO 8440 8440
                    10/20/2008 Singapore Airlines 2110 0
                    Tier Bonus Factor 0.25
                    10/20/2008 UA 6360 S SFO-SLC 599 599
                    9/28/2008 SQ 15 W SFO-SIN 8440 8440
                    9/28/2008 Singapore Airlines 2110 0
                    Tier Bonus Factor 0.25
                    9/28/2008 UA 1177 S SLC-SFO 599 599
                    8/16/2008 UA 6360 S SFO-SLC 599 599
                    8/14/2008 UA 6365 Q SLC-SFO 599 599
                    7/12/2008 Citibank Credit Card 500 0
                    TRANSFER TO KRISFLYER
                    6/30/2008 UA 6356 W SFO-SLC 599 599
                    6/28/2008 UA 6095 S SLC-SFO 599 599
                    6/9/2008 UA 6466 T LAX-SLC 590 590
                    6/6/2008 SQ 28 W SIN-LAX 8763 8763
                    6/3/2008 SQ 216 Y PER-SIN 2432 2432
                    5/31/2008 Hertz 500 0
                    PERTH AP
                    5/31/2008 SQ 225 Y SIN-PER 2432 2432
                    5/12/2008 SQ 27 W LAX-SIN 8763 8763
                    5/11/2008 UA 6469 T SLC-LAX 590 590

1/30/2008 UA 804 B SIN-NRT 3329 3329
                    1/30/2008 UA 548 B SFO-SLC 599 599
                    1/30/2008 UA 838 W NRT-SFO 5113 5113
                    Originally posted by sqlove View Post
                    As you can see, i accumulated 53085miles from Jan till yeart till now. and fyi, there were about 5227miles from last/previous years.
                    When you registered for your KF program last year, your qualification period was between May 1 2007 till April 30 2008 (my interpretation). Thus by April 30 2008, your account elite miles was reset to ZERO. Remember that KF program is not based on calendar year, i.e. January 1 to December 31, like UA, DL, LH, NW or others.
                    Therefore by April 30, 2008, your UA flights on 1/30/2008 will not be part of your new qualification period.
                    As you can see and count yourself, by August 16 2008 you surpassed 25K mark, which KF acknowledged that by updating your status as ES on August 18, 2008.

In September and October 2008, you accumulated 18,078 elite miles, which brings up your total qualification elite miles to 44,044. Thus, to reach 50K mark as EG, you have to earn another 5,956 elite miles (by April 30, 2009 per your qualification period.)

Therefore, there is no discrepancy in the answer you get from KF center.

it may also be helpful to note that i was only awarded ES on 18 August 2008, so I'm suspecting that the Jan flights i had on UA were not counted towards this qualifying period (guess my previous qp is April-April). Or can someone please help me understand better if i've got it all screwd up?
                    The answer is above. Your January 2008 flights on UA were counted as for the previous year qualification period. Your account got set to zero elite miles as of May 1, 2008, which is why you was awarded ES on 8/18/2008 after you passed the 25K mark on 8/16/2008.

Is there a way now I can get them to include my Jan flights to count towards my Elite miles?
                    From the explanation above, it is unlikely that your January flights would be counted for elite miles since your account has been rest by April 30,2008. (May I know when was your flights on 2007?)

Comment

• Nice deductive work, SQ LPP. I concur with your interpretation.
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                        Nice deductive work, SQ LPP. I concur with your interpretation.
                        Hi, after some very frustrating conversations with the guy over the phone, his supervisor finally called me on my cell in US. He was kind enough to escalate my case to a manager for a request to have my Jan flights count towards EG qualification, ie. change my qualifcation period to Jan-Jan. Well, fingers crossed, we'll see how it goes. Will keep you guys posted. thanks for all your help!

Comment

• For me, if I get it, I get it, otherwise why get frustrated over it. There are more imprtant things in life then to worry about whether I would be silver or gold by that certain period of time.

If I really need to have lounge access and I do not have any FFP, well, there are paid lounges to go for too. Why worry and be frustrated over small matters?
                          This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                            For me, if I get it, I get it, otherwise why get frustrated over it. There are more imprtant things in life then to worry about whether I would be silver or gold by that certain period of time.

If I really need to have lounge access and I do not have any FFP, well, there are paid lounges to go for too. Why worry and be frustrated over small matters?
                            Sorry, but I disagree.

It's OK for you not to worry about this (Mr QPP ) but for others (re)qualifying for Silver and/or Gold can be quite important to them as it can make a number of things like check-in, lounge access etc much easier.

Why should they pay for lounge access if they are entitiled to it FOC ?.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              Sorry, but I disagree.

It's OK for you not to worry about this (Mr QPP ) but for others (re)qualifying for Silver and/or Gold can be quite important to them as it can make a number of things like check-in, lounge access etc much easier.

Why should they pay for lounge access if they are entitiled to it FOC ?.

Opinions expressed here are personal... well there will be people who feel qualifying is important. But FOR ME, no big deal. I like to take life easy and getting frustrated and tearing my hair over whether I will qualify or not, that will be the last thing I will do.

On my last trip, was flying from Malaga to Brussels, * Alliance flight. The check in counter forgot to present me with a lounge invite, which I did not know or remember that it is needed for access.

Went to the lounge, presented by card, no, need invite, lounge dragon asked me to go back land side and get it from the check in. Arraaggghhh... never mind, I will not subject myself to security another time, went to the coffee bar, bought a coffee, put on my earphones, listened to music and waited until boarding, no worries, no hurry.....

errr... I have already qualified for another year of QPP, 8 months ahead of expiry date;

"Additional PPS Value required for PPS Club requalification S$ 0
                              by 30/06/2009"
                              This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                                Opinions expressed here are personal... well there will be people who feel qualifying is important. But FOR ME, no big deal. I like to take life easy and getting frustrated and tearing my hair over whether I will qualify or not, that will be the last thing I will do.

errr... I have already qualified for another year of QPP, 8 months ahead of expiry date;

"Additional PPS Value required for PPS Club requalification S$ 0
                                by 30/06/2009"
                                Opinions are indeed personal and welcome.

As I said, it's easy for you to be blase about it, being a comfortably requailified PPS (I suppose I should congratulate you on gaining another year of lounge access and priority check-in, but I can't see any other benefits of being PPS any longer ). But for those on here who don't yet have that luxury, I can understand their concern.

Each to their own, and all that....

Comment

Working...
                                X