Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure this requirement changed when KF changed from fixed membership years (was it 1st April to 31st March?) to individual membership years... was that 2006 or 2007? I'm not sure of the exact dates... but it used to be 50,000 in your fixed membership year... now its as i described earlier.
    matt_will_fix_it

Comment

The problem seems to be on the website , The rule sounds like you need
      25 K for Silver and then 50 K more as a silver to become KF Gold ,
      However this is not the case, it seems there is a Elite mile counter that is not displayed properly on the website. Unless it has something to do with enrollment. When I came across the issue I emailed SQ and got the following response last year:

Dear Mr rolov

Thank you for your email dated 18 September 2007 to KrisFlyer Membership Services.

With regard to your query on the Elite qualification, please be informed that 50,000 Elite miles is required for Elite Gold membership status within your enrolment year / membership year / qualification period.

As you are currently within your enrolment year, you are given a total of 12 months time within the enrolment year to accrue the 50,000 Elite miles to go for your Elite Gold membership status.

Please take note that your enrolment year is from 5 April 2007 to 30 April 2008. You have already accrued 34,350 Elite miles and will need an additional of 15,650 Elite miles by 30 April 2008 to attain your Elite Gold membership status.

Comment

Bingo.....concur with what I had encountered when I qualified for EG last year.

Comment

Originally posted by rolov View Post
          The problem seems to be on the website , The rule sounds like you need
          25 K for Silver and then 50 K more as a silver to become KF Gold ,
          However this is not the case, it seems there is a Elite mile counter that is not displayed properly on the website. Unless it has something to do with enrollment. When I came across the issue I emailed SQ and got the following response last year:

Dear Mr rolov

Thank you for your email dated 18 September 2007 to KrisFlyer Membership Services.

With regard to your query on the Elite qualification, please be informed that 50,000 Elite miles is required for Elite Gold membership status within your enrolment year / membership year / qualification period.

As you are currently within your enrolment year, you are given a total of 12 months time within the enrolment year to accrue the 50,000 Elite miles to go for your Elite Gold membership status.

Please take note that your enrolment year is from 5 April 2007 to 30 April 2008. You have already accrued 34,350 Elite miles and will need an additional of 15,650 Elite miles by 30 April 2008 to attain your Elite Gold membership status.
          Thank you for posting this piece of information. It will certainly help to clarify the confusion among the readers.

Comment

The problem seems to be on the website , The rule sounds like you need 25 K for Silver and then 50 K more as a silver to become KF Gold ,
            However this is not the case
            Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
            Bingo.....concur with what I had encountered when I qualified for EG last year.
            Yeah. But, *sigh*, I keep running up against members who seem to think that what I brought up long ago was some random, unsubstatiated opinion

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...83&postcount=2
            http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...04&postcount=9
            http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...5&postcount=16

and who keep interpreting the website's badly written explanation as gospel.

[emphasis mine below]
            What regular forumites believe is that there is a second (hidden) counter behind what appears on the KF account screen that keeps track of actual miles flown in a membership year.
            I'm pretty sure this requirement changed when KF changed from fixed membership years (was it 1st April to 31st March?) to individual membership years... was that 2006 or 2007? I'm not sure of the exact dates... but it used to be 50,000 in your fixed membership year... now its as i described earlier.
            I think I'm pretty much going to give up trying to clear the confusion around this issue: after all, it's nice to hear people report back about their unexpected benefit at the 50,000-mile mark.

I do think SQ needs to fix its online description and counters to prevent future misinterpretations.
            Last edited by jjpb3; 11 September 2008, 04:55 PM. Reason: wording
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
              Thank you for posting this piece of information. It will certainly help to clarify the confusion among the readers.
              No problem , I had to dig thru my old emails to find the response from SQ.
              I remember talking to SQ on the phone , and the agent just kept reading the exact words from the website . So I decided to email them and got a pretty prompt response.

Comment

Thanks guys for all the info. Have just emailed KF and now awaiting their response to my query. Thanks...

I actually spoke to KF Usa last night and a lady told me the following:
                Elite Miles since Jan 2008: 34927
                Current Elite Miles: 0
                Balance as of 11 Sept 2008: 41234
                Current Membership Tier: ES (Aug 2008 - Aug 2009)

Still wondering what happened to the balance 9927 elite miles (41234-25000) after i got ES, and the golden question how many more elite miles i need before getting EG, 25/50 and by when?

No problem , I had to dig thru my old emails to find the response from SQ.
                I remember talking to SQ on the phone , and the agent just kept reading the exact words from the website . So I decided to email them and got a pretty prompt response.

Comment

Hi guys here's the reply I received from KF...

Dear SQLOVE

Thank you for your email dated 11 September 2008 to KrisFlyer Membership Services.

We would like to inform you that KrisFlyer members accrue Elite miles and KrisFlyer Miles when they travel. KrisFlyer miles can be accumulated for redemption of travel awards and upgrade awards whereas Elite miles are accumulated for the qualification to the next tier (Elite Silver and Elite Gold status). Elite miles may not be used for redemption.

Elite miles consist of miles earned purely from class of service on Singapore Airlines, SilkAir, Virgin Atlantic or any Star Alliance airline. Elite miles cannot be purchased and do not include accruals from non-air partners or the Tier Bonus Factor 0.25, which KrisFlyer miles do.

We would like to inform you that Elite status requires members to meet the qualifying criteria within a fixed qualification period of 12 consecutive months. This is to ensure that the qualifying criterion is extended equally to all KrisFlyer members. You may wish to know that 25,000 Elite miles and 50,000 Elite miles are required for Elite Silver and Elite Gold qualification respectively.

Elite miles will be reset upon qualifying to a particular membership status or at the end of the qualification period. This is to allow a new tracking of Elite miles towards the qualification/renewal requirement for the next qualification year.

With regard to your account, to-date you have accrued 41,234 KrisFlyer miles. KrisFlyer Miles are valid for 3 years from the month of accrual. Miles earned will be expired at the end of the month after 3 years.

You may wish to know that your current qualification period is August 2008 to 31 August 2009. As Elite status requires members to meet the qualifying criteria within a fixed qualification period of 12 consecutive months, you are required to accrue 25,000 Elite miles to retain your Elite Silver status or 50,000 Elite miles for Elite Gold qualification by 31 August 2009.

However, you may wish to know that exceptions are applicable for members within the first enrolment year or first time Elite qualification. Members are able to attain Elite Silver and Gold status simultaneously within the same qualifying period.

In view of the above, we are pleased to inform you that you are still very much on track to qualify as an Elite Gold member. We will take into consideration the total Elite miles accrued within your previous qualification period (April 2008 to 30 April 2009) for tracking towards Elite Gold status. Please contact us once you have accrued the additional Elite miles required to effect the change.

SQLOVE, we hope the above information will be helpful to you. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further information. Thank you for taking your time to write to us and we look forward to be of service to you again soon.

Last edited by sqlove; 23 October 2008, 06:53 PM.

Comment

My GF just got off the phone with Krisflyer membership services - she has done 50,000 miles in the last 12 months but the agent firmly stated that even in your first membership year you need 75,000 miles to get *G... what a load of rubbish! I said that others have done 50,000 & got *G in the last year and she wouldn't have any of it... I even got her to go the website & read the text about your membership year been the first 12 months since the date of enrolment & she was still adamant that 75,000 miles were needed

So... I have a favour to ask...

sqlove - do you have the name of the agent that sent you the email above? can you PM it to me?

Anyone else that can PM me any names or contacts to talk to, it would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
                    matt_will_fix_it

Comment

• Hi Matt, sure check yr inbox.

Comment

• Here is my latest email from KF...

So... looks like KF are now enforcing that you fly 25,000 to get Silver, then 50,000 to get Gold, a total of 75,000 miles to get Gold. My missus has credited 51,000 elite miles in the last 12 months to KF... but still no luck with KF... I'll keep trying with the contact that SQLove has kindly forwarded....

Dear Ms Matt_will_fix_it

Thank you for your email dated 9 October 2008 to KrisFlyer Membership Services regarding qualification.
                        We would like to inform you that your previous qualification period is from 1 April 2007 up to 30 April 2008 where you were able to accrue 26,119 Elite miles. As such, you were awarded Elite Silver membership on 21 December 2007 and a new Elite qualification period commenced.
                        Please be advised that your current qualification period is from 21 December 2007 up to 31 December 2008. Currently, you have accrued 25,751 Elite miles. This would ensure that you would re-qualify to Elite Silver membership at the end of your current membership year. On the other hand, an additional accrual of 24,249 Elite miles by 31 December 2008 would qualify you to Elite Gold membership.
                        Ms Matt_Will_Fix_it , thank you for writing in to us. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further clarification. We look forward to be of service to you again soon.
                        Last edited by matt_will_fix_it; 10 October 2008, 01:51 PM.
                        matt_will_fix_it

Comment

• Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
                          Here is my latest email from KF...

So... looks like KF are now enforcing that you fly 25,000 to get Silver, then 50,000 to get Gold, a total of 75,000 miles to get Gold. My missus has credited 51,000 elite miles in the last 12 months to KF... but still no luck with KF... I'll keep trying with the contact that SQLove has kindly forwarded....
                          When was 25,751 miles accrued? Was it between 1 May 2008 and present? If so, KF was correct not to give Ms matt_will_fix_it KF Gold. On 1 May 2008, the first counter's 12 month period has lapsed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                            When was 25,751 miles accrued? Was it between 1 May 2008 and present? If so, KF was correct not to give Ms matt_will_fix_it KF Gold. On 1 May 2008, the first counter's 12 month period has lapsed.
                            However KF don't seem to be honouring this statement from SQLove- which if true would mean KF*G qualification...

Originally posted by sqlove View Post
                            However, you may wish to know that exceptions are applicable for members within the first enrolment year or first time Elite qualification. Members are able to attain Elite Silver and Gold status simultaneously within the same qualifying period.
                            matt_will_fix_it

Comment

• I know everyone is confused from all the recent revelations. I got a firm reply from SQ today regarding the qualification rulings. You will get Gold or Silver as long as you get 50000 or 25000 in your membership year regardless of new membership or lapsed member or whatever.

You may wish to note that if 25,000 Elite miles are accrued within the qualification period (1 May 2008 to 31 May 2009), your membership tier will be upgraded to that of Elite Silver status commencing a new membership year and the Elite miles will be reset.

Although the Elite miles will be reset, the system will continue to track for Elite Gold qualification till 31 May 2009. In this instance, please contact us once you have accrued the additional Elite miles required for Elite Gold membership to effect the change.
                              In matt_will_fix_it's situation from what I see, it seems there is a confusion between the dates of qualification and the mileage accrued in the last 12 months. Ms matt_will_fix_it definitely collected 51000 miles in the last 12 months but this is very likely to be split between 2 qualification windows.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                                Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
                                However KF don't seem to be honouring this statement from SQLove- which if true would mean KF*G qualification...
                                matt_will_fix_it, would you kindly enough to say whether SuperJonJon's post applied in your case? Or else, if you don't mind, would you please list all the dates and flight miles that accumulated? At least we all can try to figure it out what's going on. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X