Advice kindly sought • SQ Waitlist as KF Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice kindly sought • SQ Waitlist as KF Gold

Firstly, many thanks for taking time to read this - I do appreciate it.

I just had a question about a redemption booking I currently have in March '24: LHR - SIN | SIN - SYD (lLHR - SIN in F | SIN - SYD in Suites) for 2 pax... it's a redemption I've been saving up for for a couple of years now, you see, for my Aussie wife who's not seen her mother for five years now.

My preferred flights are on the same date as my current booking -- leaving LHR a couple of hours earlier and the first leg being in Suites as well as the second leg -- but they are currently a Waitlst-only option. And I don't have a spare 564,000 KF miles sloshing around to be able to waitlist these preferred flights, more's the pity.

My question essentially is: is it possible to Waitlist another flight within a current booking and without needing (in this case) another 564K SQ miles? A PPS Solitaire friend told me it was possible to waitlist another flight within a current booking (and without needing any more miles to waitlist and without neeing to be a PPS Solitaire member yourself). However, I have called SQ twice now and each agent has told me that I do need another 564K miles to waitlist another fight, i,e, these agents seem to contradict what my friend tells me about it being possible to waitist another flight within a current booking without needing any more miles?

I can't see any facility within SQ's manage my booking to waitlist another flight within a current reservation.

Any advice on the above would be greatly welcomed and appreciated.

All the best

I could be wrong but...... so long as the Waitlist Flight is entered into your reservation at initial time of booking, it can be done - meaning a confirmed sector and a Waitlist sector from the get-go. I don't think it can be done once a booking is made as, then, a separate reservation for the Waitlist Flight needs to be done.

I just did this last week, booking a redemption for September/October and getting a confirmed return flight but waitlisting on a more preferred time. I have to ticket this booking tomorrow or either lose the waitlist, or entire redemption. To keep the waitlist, I need to make a new reservation with the waitlist flight inside. If the flight becomes available, SQ will do a ticket change to replace the waitlist flight into the booking but based on ticket rules, SQ will charge. I believe no extra miles will be take at any point as I can call SQ to do the change before any ticketing deadline for the cleared waitlist sector.

Comment

Scooby5 - many thanks for posting this reply. I greatly appreciate it.

It's interesting what you say about, perhaps, the kind of waitlist that I was hoping for needs to be done at the point of booking and not subsequently. A couple of SQ PPS Solitaire members over on Flyertalk suggested that I wanted to do -- waitlist after the initial reservation -- was indeed still possible. However, I have called SQ three times now and each time I seem to get polite, but ultimately useless help.

Would you know if there was a dedicated KF Gold elite telephone number? I just wondered if I might have better luck that way.

All the best and many thanks again.

Simon

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
      I could be wrong but...... so long as the Waitlist Flight is entered into your reservation at initial time of booking, it can be done - meaning a confirmed sector and a Waitlist sector from the get-go. I don't think it can be done once a booking is made as, then, a separate reservation for the Waitlist Flight needs to be done.

I just did this last week, booking a redemption for September/October and getting a confirmed return flight but waitlisting on a more preferred time. I have to ticket this booking tomorrow or either lose the waitlist, or entire redemption. To keep the waitlist, I need to make a new reservation with the waitlist flight inside. If the flight becomes available, SQ will do a ticket change to replace the waitlist flight into the booking but based on ticket rules, SQ will charge. I believe no extra miles will be take at any point as I can call SQ to do the change before any ticketing deadline for the cleared waitlist sector.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoob72 View Post
        Scooby5 - many thanks for posting this reply. I greatly appreciate it.

Would you know if there was a dedicated KF Gold elite telephone number? I just wondered if I might have better luck that way.

SQ website, Contact Us page then pick your country. You'll get a number there for KF members.

Comment

Many thanks indeed, Scooby5.

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post

SQ website, Contact Us page then pick your country. You'll get a number there for KF members.

Comment

Working...
          X