Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice sought - Changing redemption bookings

Hi all,

I made some hasty redemptions as my parents are flying through Singapore, and are stuck for a day so I thought I'd spend the day with them to show them around and take care of them. Using my points, I booked

DRW-SIN J One Way (40k points Saver)
    SIN-DRW J One Way (65k points Advantage)

The only available flights for redemptio are a week apart, and I didn't realise how EXPENSIVE hotels were, especially since I'm on my own without my wife to split the costs.

If I'm there for seven days - and given I spent a week there a few months ago with some buddies on a drinking trip - it's hard to justify spending the entire time there. In hindsight, I wish I'd booked some time away.

Basically, I'd like to go to Bangkok for a few days, and cross going to Jai Fai off my list (along with a lot of cocktail bars from the Asia Top 50 list). Looking at redemption options, what can I do to enable the following changes:

DRW-BKK J One Way (2-3 day stopover)
    BKK-DRW J One Way (1 day stopover or no stopover)

I have the DRW-SIN-DRW section confirmed, but now that segment is waitlisted, whereas there's still plenty of capacity/redemption for the SIN-BKK-SIN routes.

Any advice how I change modify my redemptions to enable the extra Bangkok portion of this flight?

Regards,
    Jaian

There are no more stop-over on Saver Awards.

DRW-SIN: cancel Saver award and refund. Then book DRW-SIN-BKK as new Advantage Award for 65K miles.

BKK-SIN-DRW: refund and book new award.

Comment

Working...
    X