Krisflyer Mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krisflyer Mileage

I don't get it. When one flies an indirect route from one point to another with a transit/stopover at another airport, Krisflyer awards you miles calculated based on a non-stop route. My question is, if I buy a ticket from Dubai to Houston, that would route me DXB-SIN-DME-IAH, why would I only earn 8157 miles on Krisflyer, according to the calculator.

It's happened so many times for me. I really should be getting a lot more miles based on the great circle routes I actually fly! (same thing happens for JFK-SIN, I only get 9533 miles when the stop at FRA would bump up the actual mileage to over 10,000)

Originally posted by EWR View Post
    ......if I buy a ticket from Dubai to Houston, that would route me DXB-SIN-DME-IAH, why would I only earn 8157 miles on Krisflyer, according to the calculator.....
    You may want to check your facts first.

You are always awards great circle miles based on the O/D of your fight coupon. For JFK-SIN, your flight coupon only shows JFK-SIN, without FRA in between. The flight is treated as JFK-SIN direct for mileage purpose. For your DXB to IAH example, you will be awarded DXB-SIN and SIN-IAH mileage since DME doesn't show up on your flight coupon. It should be 13564 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
      You may want to check your facts first.

You are always awards great circle miles based on the O/D of your fight coupon. For JFK-SIN, your flight coupon only shows JFK-SIN, without FRA in between. The flight is treated as JFK-SIN direct for mileage purpose. For your DXB to IAH example, you will be awarded DXB-SIN and SIN-IAH mileage since DME doesn't show up on your flight coupon. It should be 13564 miles.
      I see. Do the other airlines do that too? Why are the flight coupons issued like that, cos for the DXB-IAH example, the true mileage is 14787 miles, not 13564. http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=D...OR=&MAP-STYLE=

And oh, what happens if you make a stopover at DME? You get 1200 miles more?

Comment

I see. Do the other airlines do that too?....
        That's industry standard. You are also charge for the mileage on your flight coupons only, if you are on a mileage based fare such as CRWSTARx.

....And oh, what happens if you make a stopover at DME? You get 1200 miles more?
        Correct. You will have three flight coupons, DXB-SIN, SIN-DME, DME-IAH. It all depends on what is on your flight coupon. What doesn't show up doesn't count.

Comment

Working...
        X