KrisFlyer post-Feb 2007 redemption levels revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quik! View Post
    And I can't upgrade on LH flights using KF miles.
    Yes you can - they're both participants in the *A upgrade awards program.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Well, probably my news are a little bit late. I received the newsletter from SQ this morning. Just to find that SIN-ADL or vv redemption points increased Well, although I don't fly very frequent as most of you do, I am close enough for a one-way free ticket for ADL-SIN next Feb, but the new redemption points will be effective 1 Feb. Grr.. And my miles will start expire in April. Haiz.. Can't complain much as I don't fly very frequently but really pity to see those points expire. My loyalty to fly SQ for the past few years come back with nothing.
      Last edited by Airlineslover; 30 November 2006, 08:56 AM.

Comment

I thought that you can top-up the miles up to 30% of the miles required. And if it is booked before 1 Feb, wouldn't it be the old mileage required? (Sorry out of the loop regarding this new enhancement... another broken heart episode... )

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
          (Sorry out of the loop regarding this new enhancement... another broken heart episode... )
          Not again ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            Not again ?.
            Multiple heartbroken this time. Some old wounds, some new wounds.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
              did i miss smtgh??!?!? Can someone explain please?!
              I've been trying to get dates on this route in Biz saver award (2 seats) but nothing. Choose the full award and I get any; almost ; date I want.

Comment

Article about increases in Business Traveller..

Members of SIA's loyalty programme must redeem twice as many miles for the carrier's new first and business classes.

Demand for the Singapore carrier's new premium seating (see Online news, October 19) was expected to be high, but nobody suspected the carrier would ask its frequent flyers to use their miles in this way. SIA was unavailable for comment.

Kris Flyer (the name of SIA's loyalty scheme) says the changes will take effect for flights taken on and after February 1 next year. The new seating is currently fitted to a fleet of B777-300ERs which are now joining the SIA fleet.

Part of the reason for the restrictions is that these B777-300ERs have only eight seats in first and 42 seats in business class. There is as yet no timescale for when, or even if, the new premium seating will be extended to SIA's large fleet of B747s.

Now news has emerged that SIA has begun restricted first class availability to fare paying passengers. One reader told us that even though he is booking as far ahead as March he cannot secure an "A" class booking (A class is a discount tariff for first class) with flight SQ862 (with the new products) between Singapore and Hong Kong. The reader told us, however, that a first class seat was available on payment of the full fare.

SIA says that the European debut for its new seating will be next Wednesday on its daily flight between Paris CDG to Singapore. The following week it will appear on the three times a week Barcelona-Madrid-Singapore route. During December it will also start flying from Singapore to Hong Kong (SQ861/862).
                In January, it will arrive on the Zurich-Singapore route followed by Frankfurt-Singapore (flights SQ325/326).

In between, travellers can expect to find the new seats on the Singapore-Seoul-San Francisco service starting in March. All these services are being operated by B777-300ERs.

Is the second bolded bit right ?. I thought it was for flights booked after 1 February ?.

Comment

Is the second bolded bit right ?. I thought it was for flights booked after 1 February ?.
                  Someone on TOF posted confirmation from SQ that your recollection is correct, i.e. flights booked before are okay even if taken after.

Comment

You are correct. the bolded bits from the article is wrong.

Comment

But the O and I seats are still not going to be released. Its waitlist all the way!

Comment

Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
                        But the O and I seats are still not going to be released. Its waitlist all the way!

That may well be the case - i was referring to other aspects of the "enhancements" - like australia at the old rate, which still applies as of now.

Comment

For premium flyers seeking to redeem miles for C/F travel, the Krisflyer and the PPS Club just saw a staggering dilution. Doubling the redemption levels reflects an arrogance that is, well, distancing... By the time the A380s enter service, destinations such as FRA and SFO will only be available at the exorbitant non-saver levels.

It is a matter of time before the rest of the industry catches up (no doubt, CX/EK/VS/BA/QF will always benchmark at a similar level), and these redemption levels may no longer be justified. But by then, Krisflyer and PPS Club are liable to lose the loyalty of many of its most high-yielding travellers.

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, skytrash.

Comment

Has anyone had a response to any complaints fired in at them yet over this ?.

I would imagine they would have prepared for a pile of complaints, and have set replies loaded in the system and ready to go.

Comment

None for me, which has done lots to loosen the bonds of loyalty. My views don't seem to be valued very much , not even meriting a form response, so as I plan my trips next year, I foresee more transits in HKG.
                                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                                X