Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    SQ would've signed off with something like:

We know you'll come back to us, so we send you our love in the meantime. Do try not to miss us too much.

xxx
    SQ

(my emoticon du moment, after the announcement)
    Oh, I just love that! And I think, will be typical SQ.

Comment

Originally posted by shortfinals View Post
      Yes - but how about a joint letter as well - I can scrounge up another couple of TPP's and QPP's at work. Put them all on as signatures. How about that?
      No EGs? Discrimination!!

But yeah, they won't even notice the EGs.

Comment

Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
        No EGs? Discrimination!!

But yeah, they won't even notice the EGs.

Love all serve all!

Comment

Originally posted by Bon View Post
          Noooo.... If that ever happens, we all know SIN-CGK will be the first one to get the axe.
          I'm afraid they have been considering this for a while now, as StarG will be able to confirm.

Comment

jjpb3 makes some good points in the open complaint letter thread which I thought I'd discuss here to keep that thread OT:

Originally posted by jjpb3
            Finally, because we do fly SQ partly because it happens to serve the destinations we go to, possibly the most frequent reaction might just be to shift to a less miserly FFP. Peanuts, yes, but it means KrisFlyer doesn't get payments from my *A flights whereas the partner FFP would, including my SQ flights. More important, SQ loses a good source of customer data, as well as a touchpoint with its customers.
            What will peoples' reactions to this change be ?

1 Switch to another FFP. KF doesn't get payments but also doesn't end up with corresponding liabilities. For those of us (like myself) who are mainly interested in redeeming on SQ, switching to another FFP doesn't work if - as shortfinals suggests - it will not be possible at all to redeem for 77W/380 flights with miles from other FFPs.

2 Cut up and return my PPS card and never take another SQ flight if I can help it. Painful though the announced changes may be, I don't think I'm at this stage and this is precisely what SQ are counting on.

3 Reduce the number of SQ flights taken. Like jjpb3 says, SQ serve a destination I go to frequently (SIN) but given that I also like HK very much, I suppose I could do an indirect routing in future with TAir. It would probably mean not requalifying for PPS and getting *G on some other FFP (e.g. BD); or, even ditching *A status altogether, given the withdrawal of UA LHR-JFK and that out of my 70+ sectors and 100,000+ BIS miles this year, the only *A flights have been SQ, UA to JFK and other *A airlines for my SQ PPS RTW run.

4 Moan (either here on SQT or to SQ) but ultimately take the pain with no change in my flying/FFP habits. SQ wins. Unfortunately, it looks like option 4 is the most likely at the moment...

Comment

I think what is equally interesting, (though from some of your posts, I think more stern adjectives are in order), is that fact that it seems that little has changed since their mini-storm of the ill-timed pre-release of this announcement on the KrisFlyer website.

Intriguing.

Comment

This is beyond CRAP!!!!!! How am I supposed to redeem my awards, as I am booked only in W class!! I better upgrade my LH flight going back to SIN in Dec!!

URGGGGHHH!!

I need to stop flying SQ and revert back to MH. Damn, I'm screwed big time! *looks at AMEX*

*cuts*

Comment

That's it. I'm so done with SQ.

Will be reverting back to Enrich and fly MH. With the new introductions by KF, I am just so not interested anymore. I couldn't be bothered to even qualify for my KF Gold anymore. There goes to waste my AMEX. It's time to apply for the Enrich Mastercard instead

I will be flying VS to Shanghai next week, and I think I'll be acruing the miles to my Enrich account instead. And will probably use my KF miles to upgrade to UC. Is that possible? How am I going to spend my 50K miles before Feb!!

In a way, I'm glad. I want to start flying MH again. I miss those kebayas.
                  Last edited by quik!; 29 November 2006, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
                    That's a bit drastic.
                    But you should also refer to the 'open letter complaint' thread and either join the petition, or write to SQ yourself detailing your frustrations.
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

This is beyond CRAP!!!!!! How am I supposed to redeem my awards, as I am booked only in W class!! I better upgrade my LH flight going back to SIN in Dec!!

URGGGGHHH!!

I need to stop flying SQ and revert back to MH. Damn, I'm screwed big time! *looks at AMEX*
                      As the changes only kick in Feb 07, they won't affect you if you redeem the upgrade award prior to Feb 07.
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                        jjpb3 makes some good points in the open complaint letter thread which I thought I'd discuss here to keep that thread OT:

What will peoples' reactions to this change be ?

1 Switch to another FFP. KF doesn't get payments but also doesn't end up with corresponding liabilities. For those of us (like myself) who are mainly interested in redeeming on SQ, switching to another FFP doesn't work if - as shortfinals suggests - it will not be possible at all to redeem for 77W/380 flights with miles from other FFPs.

2 Cut up and return my PPS card and never take another SQ flight if I can help it. Painful though the announced changes may be, I don't think I'm at this stage and this is precisely what SQ are counting on.

3 Reduce the number of SQ flights taken. Like jjpb3 says, SQ serve a destination I go to frequently (SIN) but given that I also like HK very much, I suppose I could do an indirect routing in future with TAir. It would probably mean not requalifying for PPS and getting *G on some other FFP (e.g. BD); or, even ditching *A status altogether, given the withdrawal of UA LHR-JFK and that out of my 70+ sectors and 100,000+ BIS miles this year, the only *A flights have been SQ, UA to JFK and other *A airlines for my SQ PPS RTW run.

4 Moan (either here on SQT or to SQ) but ultimately take the pain with no change in my flying/FFP habits. SQ wins. Unfortunately, it looks like option 4 is the most likely at the moment...
                        Number 3 is a real possibility for me. I mainly fly to HKG so changing to CX is a real choice. Yes I prefer SQ but CX aren't that much behind them and if I get a better rate of return on the miles I earn then I think it could well make sense to switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                          Number 3 is a real possibility for me. I mainly fly to HKG so changing to CX is a real choice. Yes I prefer SQ but CX aren't that much behind them and if I get a better rate of return on the miles I earn then I think it could well make sense to switch.
                          Numbers 1 and 3 are the options I'd take if this continues to bug me to the extent that it is now. I'll still fly SQ so I can earn BD *G, which has been useful for my intra-Europe travels and where the miles are handily supplemented by those from the BD MBNA card. But SQ will lose my business to CX on many of my flights to Asia. Transiting in HKG isn't that painful anyway. If I'm travelling Europe-Asia or Australia, I like to see a decent return on those long-haul flights. And I'd like to see an airline appreciate that kind of business, even if it's mostly in Y.

I'm afraid I'm not in SQ's target segment, unfortunately.
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                            The changes have already taken effect for BCN for next Jul Too bad Spain, my plan to visit you next year and spend good tourist dollars will now not happen.
                            did i miss smtgh??!?!? Can someone explain please?!
                            There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                            If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Will be reverting back to Enrich and fly MH.

I will be flying VS to Shanghai next week, and I think I'll be acruing the miles to my Enrich account instead. And will probably use my KF miles to upgrade to UC. Is that possible?
                              I don't know if you currently are or previously have been a member of Enrich, but that is a truly dreadful FFP.

Of all the FFP's I have been a member of, they are the most frustrating to deal with by a country mile. 6 years of banging my head against a wall to get even the most basic things sorted.

Unfortunately you cannot use KF miles for upgrades on VS.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                                I don't know if you currently are or previously have been a member of Enrich, but that is a truly dreadful FFP.

Of all the FFP's I have been a member of, they are the most frustrating to deal with by a country mile. 6 years of banging my head against a wall to get even the most basic things sorted.

Unfortunately you cannot use KF miles for upgrades on VS.
                                I'm currently Enrich Silver, but switched to KF after finding out that Enrich was truly a crappy program. I was actually set to be on KF for life, but that is going to change soon, or rather now. The whole point of me joining this was for the upgrades from Economy to Business. Now that W class is not entitled, or rather, double miles required, it seems that it's not worth it anymore. I stopped using my Visa and relied just on Amex for every single purchase just to earn those miles.

I have read the open complaint letter, but seriously, what are the chances? Before SQ made this decision, I am sure they have considered all the factors before OK-ing the new rules. The benefits from these new rules were probably justifiable in their books. Even if there would be a change to revert to the old one, it'll probably take 1 year or so. So i'm really hung up on SQ.

*shrugs*

To be honest, I didn't sleep well last nite, thinking about these new changes! I feel so betrayed, and cheated!

I have checked on Enrich, that you will get 150% of the miles flown if I flew on VS PE (K Class). 17,000 Enrich Miles is very worth it I reckon....

What's even frustrating is that I have a LH flight from CDG-->SIN in Christmas. Now that's gone to waste. And I can't upgrade on LH flights using KF miles.

Comment

Working...
                                X