No announcement yet.

Sneaky PPS members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if the story were true, the reaction that we must overhaul the system and 'punish' 99% of members to catch those 0.1% seems so typically Singaporean, that I'm almost not surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by fimo View Post
      Even if the story were true, the reaction that we must overhaul the system and 'punish' 99% of members to catch those 0.1% seems so typically Singaporean, that I'm almost not surprised.
      Fimo, agreed your statement. Unfortunately, it is often an excuse to cut further benefits and save expenses.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
        Fimo, agreed your statement. Unfortunately, it is often an excuse to cut further benefits and save expenses.
        You don't think they need an excuse for that do you ?.

Comment

Stop beating up EKrew, people. I've seen something similar happen when the son and father shared the same first name (not just the initial). The dad took all the PPS sector credits that were flown by his son. As EKrew said, as long as the itinerary doesn't need a form of API, the passport number in the reservation means nothing.

Comment

IMHO the story EKrew shared does not sound too far fetched.
            It is bad for the TPP to have abused the system.
            Still, it is perhaps just 0.1% of the population - or even less - who commit such a fraud on a regular basis to cheat the airline. I have heard of some other shameless frauds in relations to rerouting etc. by a QPP/TPP. That does not mean that SQ should disallow rerouting to ALL QPPs/TPPS or all pax altogether.

Comment

I know of much worse abuses of 'the system' than this, both on SQ and various other airlines.

Comment

Hmm .. overall what can i say. I never expected to be treated with such distrust.

I guess i'll retreat to being a regular observer rather than contributor.

Comment

Originally posted by EKrew View Post
                  Hmm .. overall what can i say. I never expected to be treated with such distrust.

Hi EKrew, take it easy and relax. Your posting has done a favour to help liven up SQTalk that has been rather uninteresting for the past weeks in my opinion. There will always be different opinions except sometimes it may not be expressed in a subtle manner as compared to a normal conversation.

I am inclined to believed what you said and the situation is plausible. Working in SQ will expose you to very difficult Pax including TPPS/QPPS but it is also an experience in dealing with difficult people. I found many ex-SQ inflight staff have done well in their 2nd career due to their experiences and training with SQ.

Comment

Don't worry EKrew, thanks for the post! Some of the replies to me seem unnecessarily hard (especially for this very civilised board), but you certainly livened things up so thanks :-)

Comment

EKrew,

Don't worry about the other negative people on this board.

We definitely welcome your posts and there is no reason not to believe you!

I've always thought won't it be cool if I had the same name as my dad so I could share his status!!!

But that was when I was a kid and had no statues! And since I don't share the same name as my dad I never had the chance to try anyway but I also know the systems (not just SQ but other airlines) also don't match the birthdays to the FF number when checking in.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                        IMHO the story EKrew shared does not sound too far fetched.
                        It is bad for the TPP to have abused the system.
                        Still, it is perhaps just 0.1% of the population - or even less - who commit such a fraud on a regular basis to cheat the airline. I have heard of some other shameless frauds in relations to rerouting etc. by a QPP/TPP. That does not mean that SQ should disallow rerouting to ALL QPPs/TPPS or all pax altogether.
                        Oh, please elaborate on that fraud. Had abs no idea on tat.. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by EKrew View Post

Just as that TPP member who cheated SQ is not representative of all TPP members, the SQTalkers who beat up on you are not representative of all SQTalkers. Please continue posting.

Comment

I wouldn't classify this as terrible 'cheating'. After all, some airlines (BA, I believe) allow their frequent flyers to pool their miles together for redemption purpose. They can nominate a circle of friends, I believe. While this is not the same as pooling EQM or sharing elite benefits, it does allow for pooling and sharing RDM.

As for sharing of elite benefits, for hotels, a spouse or traveling companion has always been able to share and enjoy the same benefits as an elite member. When my partner and I check in and either of us gets upgraded to the club floor and/or suite, both of us enjoy the same upgraded room and share in the same club lounge breakfasts and happy hours, etc.

Before SQ abolished LPPS, didn't SQ itself grant the spouse of a LPPS some sort of associate LPPS status?

Comment

It's an interesting idea. It would be a lot of work though for me to have a kid and then give him my name to attempt to do this. I'll have to think about it...

Comment

Originally posted by kevino View Post
                                It's an interesting idea. It would be a lot of work though for me to have a kid and then give him my name to attempt to do this. I'll have to think about it...
                                I presume you have missed some form of smiley from the end of the post...

Comment

Working...
                                X