No announcement yet.

PPS Sectors Reference Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is that mean if I fly from LHR to SFO on VS business class I'll entitle 3.75 sector on SQ KrisFlyer program? I'm on the Star Alliance Round The World business class starting from SIN=>LHR=>SFO=>HKG=>SIN

Does this 3.75 count towards part of the 25 sectors PPS renewal?

What about any UA code share?

Comment

You can't earn PPS sectors flying on VS metal, and as VS are not part of Star Alliance (*A) you can't fly with them as part of a *A RTW ticket.

The one where you can fly VS and SQ is a Great Escapade RTW ticket which also includes NZ and MI.

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalker
        What about any UA code share?
        SQ doesn't have any codeshares with UA.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          You can't earn PPS sectors flying on VS metal
          You should be able to earn PPS sectors travelling on VS metal as long as your ticket/flight is SQ coded, since VS is a partner airline of Krisflyer.

PPS Club miles or PPS Club sectors on codeshare flights
          When you travel on a codeshare flight (in First or Business Class), you will only earn PPS Club miles or PPS Club sectors if the codeshare flight is operated by any of the KrisFlyer partner airlines and has a Singapore Airlines or SilkAir flight number. For First or Business Class travel on a codeshare flight that includes a non-KrisFlyer partner airline, no PPS Club miles or PPS Club sectors will be awarded.

Comment

Another question that I would like to ask:

I saw that in the listing so if you fly HKG<=>SFO you'll earn 5 sectors on SQ business class, but how come if you fly SIN<=>SFO, you still only earn 5 sectors on business class but not 6.25 sectors as a total? SIN<=>HKG 1.25 sectors + HKG<=>SFO 5 sectors?

Is it becasue it's a transit stop at the HKG airport, you just waiting at te lounge for an hour & then depart again, you won't get the extra 1.25 sector?

Or is it a compulsory to stay at HKG more than 24 hours that it will qualify as a stopover but not the transit stop so that you can earn an extra 1.25 sectors?

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
              Another question that I would like to ask:

I saw that in the listing so if you fly HKG<=>SFO you'll earn 5 sectors on SQ business class, but how come if you fly SIN<=>SFO, you still only earn 5 sectors on business class but not 6.25 sectors as a total? SIN<=>HKG 1.25 sectors + HKG<=>SFO 5 sectors?

Is it becasue it's a transit stop at the HKG airport, you just waiting at te lounge for an hour & then depart again, you won't get the extra 1.25 sector?

Or is it a compulsory to stay at HKG more than 24 hours that it will qualify as a stopover but not the transit stop so that you can earn an extra 1.25 sectors?
              So if you just transit though HKG and onto SIN, then you just get 5 sectors. You have to fly on a different day or fly on a different flight number to get the 6.25 sectors.

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                So if you just transit though HKG and onto SIN, then you just get 5 sectors. You have to fly on a different day or fly on a different flight number to get the 6.25 sectors.
                I figure this is the case but it's intrinsically unfair. In cases such as the above, you can relatively easily take a later HKG-SIN flight and get PPS credit for the second sector. But for other cases, e.g. SQ26 SIN-FRA-JFK, it's much harder without incurring an overnight or a horrendously long layover - not worth it for the PPS credit.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  You can't earn PPS sectors flying on VS metal
                  GlobeTrekker84 is correct. As long as the VS metal flight is ticketed with an SQ codeshare flight number, you should earn PPS credits. I'm not sure about the new rules starting September 1st.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                    I'm not sure about the new rules starting September 1st.
                    From September 1:

Accruing PPS Value on codeshare flights

When you travel on a codeshare flight (in First or Business Class), you will accrue PPS Value only if the codeshare flight is operated by Singapore Airlines or SilkAir (that is, the flight is on a Singapore Airlines or SilkAir aircraft) and has a KrisFlyer partner airlines's flight number.
                    This is the reverse of the current one. Right now, you can take LH metal, as long as it's under SQ flight number. But starting September 1, this not possible. But you can do LHxxxx operated aircraft on SQ metal. Thus, you will be rewarded PPS Values when you use SQ metals no matter how you buy it.

Comment

For PPS Value on LH codeshare, it seems one only gets 50% of the dollar value paid for the flight. That's based on 1 codeshare I took earlier this year

Comment

Working...
                      X