No more PPS stickers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StarG View Post
    You are a much more patient person than I am.
    I have yet to see any enhancement from this supposedly more exclusive PPS Club so far.

Well...when all of u get comfortable over at The Pier...I will have a quieter SKL in T2 or T3

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
      I have yet to see any enhancement from this supposedly more exclusive PPS Club so far.
      I still think that's the only enhancement. Kinda like "Tastes great, less calories!", instead it's "Fewer members, more exclusive!"

Comment

Originally posted by SQ Solitaire View Post
        Well...when all of u get comfortable over at The Pier...I will have a quieter SKL in T2 or T3
        Ah, right. Good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ Solitaire View Post
          It is very easy to get comfortable over at The Pier. As soon as you step into the lounge, you do feel a great level of comfort at The Pier.

The problem is a quiter SKL F or C in T2 will still not be as comfortable as the Business Class section of The Pier. Let's hope SQ really puts a lot of effort for the new lounge at T3.
          Last edited by UMD; 1 October 2007, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Achtung!

A reliable source told me that SQ has decided to stop using PPS stickers worldwide for the time being. They are still trying to spread the words to all check-in agents. The main reason for this, is the fact that, SQ has found many pax have abused the stickers. Thus, SQ tries to stop this abuse.
            The verification by the lounge dragon will be the fine print on the BP that says QPP/TPP/LPP.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
              A reliable source told me that SQ has decided to stop using PPS stickers worldwide for the time being. They are still trying to spread the words to all check-in agents. The main reason for this, is the fact that, SQ has found many pax have abused the stickers. Thus, SQ tries to stop this abuse.
              The verification by the lounge dragon will be the fine print on the BP that says QPP/TPP/LPP.
              In my opinion, removal of stickers is not necessary - they just need to train the lounge staff to check the printed status as a precaution.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                SQ has found many pax have abused the stickers. Thus, SQ tries to stop this abuse.
                Huh? I can believe that one passenger may have stolen a sheet of stickers, but I cannot believe that many passengers stole stickers or had them printed. It sounds like an excuse, not a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                  Huh? I can believe that one passenger may have stolen a sheet of stickers, but I cannot believe that many passengers stole stickers or had them printed. It sounds like an excuse, not a reason.
                  How does one actually abuse the stickers? Sounds rather lame to me.

Comment

There are only two possible abuses I think: for lounge access and for priority boarding.

Comment

If desperate, I suppose you could always smoke the stickers but that's probably not the abuse SQ had in mind!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                        If desperate, I suppose you could always smoke the stickers but that's probably not the abuse SQ had in mind!
                        Are you sure they weren't scared that you sniff the glue at the back of the stickers?

SQ is really getting very lame..

Comment

There were rumours that the original plan was to have same coloured BPs for each class so that the lounge dragons would be forced to scrutinise BPs for entry eligibility, instead of a fleeting glance and letting people enter based on the colour of the BPs.

Don't know what became of that, but I hope whoever came up with that idea has been roundly shouted down.
                          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                            There were rumours that the original plan was to have same coloured BPs for each class so that the lounge dragons would be forced to scrutinise BPs for entry eligibility, instead of a fleeting glance and letting people enter based on the colour of the BPs.

Don't know what became of that, but I hope whoever came up with that idea has been roundly shouted down.
                            It is now scrapped....the new one has the colours on top.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
                              It is now scrapped....the new one has the colours on top.....
                              Really? New BP with colours on top? Any pictures?

Comment

Yes, confirmed. No more stickers on BP's is the new policy according to the folks at the first class check in area in Singapore. They weren't sure why.

The SQ folks at the kris lounge didn't look too happy. They now have to physically examine each boarding pass for the fine print (QPP/TPP), except of course for F.

Comment

Working...
                                X