Greetings for PPS members inflight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sfvoyage View Post
    Not sure if if this is a rhetorical or genuine question, as I don't know how much experience you've had with UA...
    It is a genuine question. I have seen some paid F ticket on UA F to SIN. Doing a search shows you could achieve very similar price by taking SQ F.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      Interesting, considering the views you expressed in the thread on reclining in SQ Y:
      I was writing about Y travel in general, which I did about three million miles of when I was younger, on a variety of airlines not including SQ. I apologize for any confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
        I was writing about Y travel in general, which I did about three million miles of when I was younger, on a variety of airlines not including SQ. I apologize for any confusion.
        I take it that you've misread his question in that thread then, as it was about SQ Y.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
          I take it that you've misread his question in that thread then, as it was about SQ Y.
          How is that different from Y on other airlines in terms of seatback trays?

Comment

Hi Guys,

This is my first post here - my company flies us senior managers business class everywhere, so I haven't taken Y class (nor a real holiday) in eons. I flew up to Shanghai over the weekend past to visit a friend, and decided to save some miles by flying economy..

On the trip up, the steward in charge of the part of the cabin I was seated in came by and did the same thing which some of you mentioned, which whilst slightly uncomfortable from all the attention (I'm the kinda guy who doesn't need someone else to pick up my shoes after me, etc.), was a really nice gesture I thought. And to some extent, I enjoyed the weird (well, maybe they were dirty) looks from the other passengers, wondering who I was to get a personal last name greeting coupled with first dibs on the meals.

On the flight back, there was no such greeting, and I kinda missed it. Guess it's true what they say about "power corrupts"

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
            On my SQ973 BKK-SIN yesterday, I was seated in Y. First time I have flown Y on SQ since reaching PPS
            Well the service was great! Got greeted by name by the IFS and asked if there was anything he can do to let him or one of the other FAs know. Flight was totally full in Y so I felt a bit shy to look around if any other got similar treatment. Great service I must say!

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, starrynight000.
              Indeed it's a strange feeling to see how other pax reacts when I get the attention from the crew or even SKL staff at Changi.

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, starrynight000!

Comment

Welcome, starrynight000!

I did not get first dib at meal choice, but I did not mind. I was sufficiently forward in the second Y cabin to be sure I would get what I wanted.

Comment

Just returned from SIN-FRA-JFK and return, first flight with my TPP status, no greetings or whatsoever....Have they stopped doing it? Or was it because I only had my FF number entered at check-in?

I really do hope it is not the case that they have stopped...it would be a waste of my effort in attempt for TPP status.

Edit: Forgot to mention I was travelling in Y both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by wdranne View Post
                      I really do hope it is not the case that they have stopped...it would be a waste of my effort in attempt for TPP status.
                      It depends on the crew.

Are you serious? You went for TPP so that someone can greet you "welcome onboard, Mr wdranne"?

Comment

Had to fly Y class from SIN to PEK on 24 Dec, and there was no greeting although the flight was only half full; in fact, the crew was cold and unfriendly, perhaps because there was an "auditor" on board(?)

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                          It depends on the crew.

Are you serious? You went for TPP so that someone can greet you "welcome onboard, Mr wdranne"?
                          Nah, not really...but it was part of the purpose was to feel more 'at home' onboard a long haul flight...

Comment

I guess that without the PPS stickers, it is much more difficult for the crew to notice the QPPs & TPPs. Havent had a greeting since the stickers were stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                              I guess that without the PPS stickers, it is much more difficult for the crew to notice the QPPs & TPPs. Havent had a greeting since the stickers were stopped.
                              Oh, I didn't know they stopped the stickers. When was that?

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                                Oh, I didn't know they stopped the stickers. When was that?
                                About 3 months ago; and now the boarding passes simply say "QPP" instead of the number of years for which you have been PPS.

Separately, I did get a greeting whilst flying back from PEK to SIN on Y class 2 days ago; the plane was delayed in departing for 1 hour because of heavy flight traffic on the air corridor from Beijing to HK, and guess that meant they had a bit of spare time for the niceties. When the air stewardess came by and said "Hi Mr. Koh", I said hi, and looked at her, expecting that she wanted something from me, but she only wanted to greet the PP-asses

Comment

Working...
                                X