No announcement yet.

Citibank PremierMiles card (SIN)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upright man: Do you also use the PPS Amex card? Or the standard KF one, by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      upright man: Do you also use the PPS Amex card? Or the standard KF one, by any chance?
      I have the PPS Amex, but hardly use it. If they don't waive the fee for that next year, I'll just cancel it.
      J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

I just did my first CitiMiles transfer on 10th Feb 2009.

8 days later (today) the transfer of 110,000 miles into Krisflyer, SGD25 charge as standard, successfully arrives!

(Sorry to bump this old thread)

Comment

thanks Kyo for the update which will be very useful to me for my future miles transfers. Cheers...

Comment

Originally posted by aerosmith View Post
            I was given a choice of having the S$180 fee waiver or have the 10K Citi miles. Not both. The end result is still the same despite escalating 2 levels up within a week and impressing on them I have spent more than S$50K.
            Something very ridiculous happened to me...

Citi refused to waive the fee, so i asked that the card be canceled and the miles be transferred to Krisflyer, less 10k miles to be refunded to Citi so the fee can be reversed.

but the call agent made a mistake and transferred ALL the miles to KF, following which Citi tried to insist on my paying the $180. So i told them to retrieve the call log and naturally they lan lan since the miles had already been transferred and they've no right to force me to pay for something i rejected

THEN a more senior agent called me and explained nicely that she'll waive the fee, but set my Citi Miles balance as -10,000 to account for the free miles I received. I told her very nicely back that any normal person would just cancel the card, and rather than lose a customer, they should just let bygones be bygones.

Still, she refused, so I canceled the card. Now i'm using a mixture of Amex PPS card for local spend and Maybank's Horizon card for overseas spend (which gives more miles than both Citi and Amex!).

Comment

Originally posted by ginkoka View Post
              .... naturally they lan lan since the miles had already been transferred......

Thanks for sharing your experience. My card is due to but I'll try and ask as well. Though you might want to explain to our non-SIN-based friends what lan lan is

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post

Thanks for sharing your experience. My card is due to but I'll try and ask as well. Though you might want to explain to our non-SIN-based friends what lan lan is
                i think they can guess the figurative meaning.... as for the literal one, i dunno!

Comment

Originally posted by ginkoka View Post
                  i think they can guess the figurative meaning.... as for the literal one, i dunno!
                  but they may not even not what 'lan' means.. Local Area Network?

Comment

What about the Malaysian sitting in the corner? He's just found a way to earn a lot of KrisFlyer miles (especially when he buys his Xbox 360 )

Comment

Why conversion to CX miles so low?

I understand this is a business decision between CX and Citi Singapore, and some passengers would find it useful to convert to CX miles to top up their CX account for an award. But why would CX even bother to be a partner with Citi Singapore when their conversion rate at 1.0 Citi mile to 0.4 CX miles makes them look bad when compared to conversion to SQ, TG or NW miles which is a 1 to 1 conversion?

Comment

Since the first year is free, has anyone considered cancelling the card and then reapply afresh?

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
                          Since the first year is free, has anyone considered cancelling the card and then reapply afresh?
                          Probably you can, with a usual moratorium of 6 months.

But why should one do this if he/she wants to extend the lifespan of his/her flight miles? And also foregoing the 20K bonus miles annually?

Well, from another side of the coin, with Citi in financial deep sh*t right now, one would want to transfer miles constantly to their FFP before chapter 11 kicks in.

Comment

It's also been widely reported that Citi's Singapore unit is one of its strongest performers, not to mention that the Singapore government last year guaranteed all Singapore Dollar and foreign currency deposits of individual and non-bank customers in banks, finance companies and merchant banks licensed by the MAS.

Until 31 December 2010.

Comment

the only turn off part for the citi premiermiles card is the S$25 admin fee per conversion to frequent flyer programs. It so high. Compared to Maybank card free (S$0), RBS and OCBC S$10.70 (incl 7% GST). S$10.70 would be a reasonable amount.

Citi premiermiles card is also a cashback card, at 1.2%. Every 1000miles = S$10, which means spending S$833.33 for $10 rebate = 1.2% cashback, min 5000 miles (S$50), in multiples of 1000miles...6k, 7k, 8k etc...

for the annual fee of S$180, if you pay, u get 10000miles(=S$100), so u actually pay only S$80. if you do not wish to pay the S$180, its also fine, u can still keep the card...juz that citibank will reverse out the 10000miles.

pay or do not pay the S$180 annual fee, you still get your priority pass card for 2 free entries per year based on your card's annual fee month to PP's network of airline lounges, each entry is worth US$24 = S$35.
                              Last edited by ; 8 July 2009, 11:45 AM.

Comment

I think it's not so much a 'turn-off', rather that it forces you to save the miles for an annual transfer, or when you've accumulated a very significant amount of Citi Miles.

E.g. if you spend over the 50k amount anyway, you're going to find yourself in excess of 120k CitiMiles, which I consider reason enough to warrant paying $25 to boost up the KF account.

Comment

Working...
                                X