Missing miles on KrisFlyer Amex Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing miles on KrisFlyer Amex Gold

For the first time almost two months ago, I used my KrisFlyer Amex Gold to purchase a ticket on SQ's website. Such purchases are supposed to earn two KrisFlyer miles per dollar. On my recent Amex statement, the usual one-point-per-dollar has been credited to me. What about the other half of the points? Do I actually have to take the flight (not until September) before the extra points get credited? Does these points credit to my Amex card, or to my KrisFlyer account directly?

If there indeed is a problem, who do I contact to chase the missing points? Will it be Amex or SQ?

That's odd. You should be getting your miles credited in your KF account at the end of the month, it will look something like on your KF account:

2007-06-23 American Express Cobrand - Malaysia
    MEMBERSHIP MILES TRANSFER 3960 0 0 0.0 0

I think you can start contacting AMEX first. Also you do not need to fly first to get your airmiles.

Comment

I think as it is a special promotion of SQ you will get the miles credited on your KF acount directly from SQ. That's what I think.
      You are not, who you are, you are who you want to be.

Comment

I've always gotten the double points credited to my Amex account immediately. You can check them under the "Membership Rewards" link online. They show as points until they transfer to KrisFlyer miles at the end of the month.

Note that to get the double points, the flight has to originate in SIN in addition to being booked on singaporeair.com

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
          Note that to get the double points, the flight has to originate in SIN in addition to being booked on singaporeair.com
          Oh this I didn't notice! You mean if I were to purchase LHR-SIN-LHR, I am not entitled for the double points?

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
            Oh this I didn't notice! You mean if I were to purchase LHR-SIN-LHR, I am not entitled for the double points?
            Yes...

Comment

I just checked my account, you are right!

Am not going to purchase nested bookings anymore!

ps...you avatar is giving me creeps

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                Can you point me to where it says this on SQ's website? I have checked numerous times before booking my flight to see what the rules were, and all I can see is that I need to book the flight on www.singaporeair.com.hk/.sg/.my/.tw. It doesn't say anywhere that the flights must originate in SIN (at least I can't find where it says that).

My flight booking was for TPE-LAX-TPE.

Comment

Double KrisFlyer miles are only earned if the Singapore Airlines ticket is purchased for travel originating from where your American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Gold Credit Card was issued.

Extracted from KF Amex Card

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                    Double KrisFlyer miles are only earned if the Singapore Airlines ticket is purchased for travel originating from where your American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Gold Credit Card was issued.

Extracted from KF Amex Card
                    Thanks for the link...I stand corrected. I was speaking from the point of view of a SIN-issued card which is what I had.

Comment

I am a resident of Belgium, can I apply for a KF Amex Gold when I get my KF Gold?

Comment

Originally posted by golf1411 View Post
                        I am a resident of Belgium, can I apply for a KF Amex Gold when I get my KF Gold?

Unfortunately not, these cards are only issued in a few countries, ie Singapore, Malaysia and Taiwan I believe. Double miles earned will only be awarded to tickets departing from the country of AMEX issued, and via SQ.com

Comment

Originally posted by golf1411 View Post

As quik! says, unfortunately not. It's a bit of a sore subject for a few of us in Europe who have no way of earning KF miles with a card.

Comment

Dual Krisflyer Amex Gold

Sorry, a bit off topic. will there be any chance that some one holding 2 Krisflyer Amex Gold like 1 from Singapore and 1 from Malaysia? Especially for those Malaysian who are also Singapore PR

Comment

Originally posted by yauee View Post
                              Sorry, a bit off topic. will there be any chance that some one holding 2 Krisflyer Amex Gold like 1 from Singapore and 1 from Malaysia? Especially for those Malaysian who are also Singapore PR
                              Theoretically that should work! Someone should try this

Comment

Working...
                              X