This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
    500 per sector minimum (except intra-europe which uses fixed mileage amounts)
    Wow, then it is a massive difference. 1000 vs 300-odd miles...

Comment

• An even bigger difference in business class (200% of 500 minimum miles vs 125% mileage).

Comment

• Originally posted by slacker View Post
        Wow, then it is a massive difference. 1000 vs 300-odd miles...
        Massive? You have to place it in context, against the redemption your friend wants to achieve and your friend's usual way of earning miles.

There is a variety of ways (no access to LH credit card, frequent W travel on SQ, etc.) in which what looks like an advantage may not be.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Switching from Krisflyer to?

As many of you, i will now be looking for an alternative frequent flyer program. Being PPS does not provide me with the benefits / service I expect from a leading airline. I might though continue to travel singapore airlines as the service is good. But am as well now considering other airlines

Which other regional frequent flyer program would you recommend? if possible compatible with star alliance.

Thanks

Comment

• There are many different threads addressing this issue. When I joined the board, I ran a search to find the relevant topics then posted my questions within that thread to garner the most useful responses (which happened immediately).

Welcome to SQTalk!
            HUGE AL

Comment

• It all depends where you reside. If you live in Singapore, it is sensible to be on Krisflyer because you have more flight choices and many ways to earn miles. Unless you are specific about your choices in terms of routing and carrier then by all means explore your option. You got to analyse it for yourself.

Comment

• I suggest you check various airline websites for their FFP perks.

For Star Alliance, you might want to check out TG's ROP. CX has also an interesting program and has been voted on Business Traveler's as the top FFP ahead of SQ. It is part of the quite extensive One World program.

There are pluses and minuses in all programs, so a comparative chart on MS Excel might help.

Comment

• Originally posted by QPPS flyer 2 View Post
                  As many of you, i will now be looking for an alternative frequent flyer program. Being PPS does not provide me with the benefits / service I expect from a leading airline. I might though continue to travel singapore airlines as the service is good. But am as well now considering other airlines

Which other regional frequent flyer program would you recommend? if possible compatible with star alliance.

Thanks
                  You can always double dip. Get the PPS status and dump the points on BD while it's still around

Comment

• Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                    There are pluses and minuses in all programs

Precisely, and everyone's needs are different anyway - there's no one size fits all

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      Precisely, and everyone's needs are different anyway - there's no one size fits all
                      Too add to that and the above comments, it'd also help greatly if you could provide more details such as your flying patterns, usual class of travel and what you're hoping to gain from the FFP. I note your comment about 'benefits/service' - some elaboration on that would be useful. This would enable people to tailor their advice to your needs. Help us help you.
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Thanks to all for the advice and the welcome greeting.
                        Number and speed of the responses really show a friendly and knowledgeable members. Thank you.
                        Here is further information.
                        I am based in Singapore. Most of my travels are in Biz/First class to Europe on SQ. Fewer flights in the region, but usually biz/economy on SQ or staralliance. In terms of expectations; I want a program which really recognizes frequent flyers with strong benefits. Particularly where you get much more miles than the very poor 1.25 or 1.5 ratio of sq.

I heard it is possible to credit miles elsewhere, but still be able to credit pps value. Is that confirmed and will that last?
                        Thanks again for your recommendations...

Comment

• It is indeed possible to accrue miles to another program and yet still accure PPS$Value.

A few more questions for you: where will you want to redeem your miles to? Different programs are better for 1 region, not so good for another. Also, what kind of benefits are you looking at? free upgrades, vouchers,

If you can give us as much as possible, we can help recommend better

Comment

• Thanks 9V-JKL,

Re accumulating miles and PPS value, is there a particular process to do so? Should I present two cards, or do a retroactive PPS value credit request?

In terms of redemption, I usually redeem in the region: Thailand/ Vietnam, indonesia, india and HK. so its quite diverse..

Re expected benefits: mainly higher miles crediting, and higher chances of upgrades.

Thanks for the feedback

Comment

• Welcome QPPS flyer 2
                              Simplest way is to have your other FFP entered into your Kris Flyer profile, and enter that other FFP number at time of booking (or check in). Don't give your PPS card or number at all and it should all work automatically.

Comment

• I decided to return to LH M&M last year. I'm now a happy SEN.
                                It made sense for me since most of my flights are intra-Europe and on either LH or LX. I've enjoyed a number of op-ups from Y to J, and very good service generally. Mileage earning is great as well, with minimum miles and 200% for J and 300% for F. And status lasts for two years.
                                But upgrade awards are expensive. And in SEAsia you probably will not have the chance to enjoy a whole lot of the benefits, only the standard *G ones. It probably would make more sense to go with TG, OZ, or NH programs in your case.
                                /Desert Traveller

Comment

Working...
                                X