Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you are gonna be flying J primarily on TG, you should bank the miles with TG. You will get better elite recognition that way since you're flying with them anyway. If you were flying J on SQ, then the miles could go towards QPP requalification, but otherwise KF Gold is the same as any *A Gold

Even though I fly primarily SQ between SIN and BKK, I prefer to use the Royal Orchid Lounge (I'm also envious of the porterage service and proximity to the lounge from the TG first and business check-in lobby )
    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

• Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
      There was talk of a Platinum status at Thai, it's not out yet though. check the ROP forum at FT for more info.
      Ok, will check, thanks

Originally posted by B727 View Post
      If you are gonna be flying J primarily on TG, you should bank the miles with TG. You will get better elite recognition that way since you're flying with them anyway. If you were flying J on SQ, then the miles could go towards QPP requalification, but otherwise KF Gold is the same as any *A Gold

Even though I fly primarily SQ between SIN and BKK, I prefer to use the Royal Orchid Lounge (I'm also envious of the porterage service and proximity to the lounge from the TG first and business check-in lobby )
      I lost my QPP as J travel was withdrawn during the crisis, now that we are making some money, been told that we could do J, but on cheaper airlines, and definitely no SQ, unless their price is down...

Looking at this, so I guess will bank my miles with TG, Star Gold is Star Gold, even TG Star Gold, I will get same sH*t on SQ when I do Y with them....
      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• Flying J much btw Asia-Europe? Why don't you consider LH M&M?

Go for SEN or HON, come on - you can do it. Then redeem Saver rates on SQ, there you go...

Comment

• Originally posted by kapitan View Post
          Okay, good news is business class travel is back!!! yay!... but no J on SQ, they are too d... expensive.... so will travel J on TG, which is about half the price...

Question is, should I clock the miles with TG or Krisflyer? Does TG have PPS status like SQ? Looking at my plans for this year, will definitely score the minimum 50k to attained gold by June (in fact I am already gold for my KF card, therefore gold on star alliance) ... what should I do?
          In my opinion if you can clock enough to have Gold in TG ROP you should do it with ROP since you will fly with them most of the time. They will sure give you better treatment as TG ROP Gold rather than SQ Gold.

You only need 40K if you join now and you have until Dec 2012 to clock 40K if my memory serves me right
          visit my blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            Flying J much btw Asia-Europe? Why don't you consider LH M&M?

Go for SEN or HON, come on - you can do it. Then redeem Saver rates on SQ, there you go...
            LH price is as high as SQ, ... booking a flight to Stockholm and TG is about 5k, where SQ is 7k, have not check LH but as far as we know, they are not far off....

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
            In my opinion if you can clock enough to have Gold in TG ROP you should do it with ROP since you will fly with them most of the time. They will sure give you better treatment as TG ROP Gold rather than SQ Gold.

You only need 40K if you join now and you have until Dec 2012 to clock 40K if my memory serves me right
            I have already enrolled into TG some time back, but 0 miles on the account. 40k only, will acheieve that by April, have a return trip to EU every month at least until Dec.

Comment

• I see the LH newsletters regularly advertising special J fares from time to time? They did not seem so expensive on promos... anyway, if you're flying TG and don't care about the redemptions on SQ Saver rates, then by all means, go TG

Comment

• LH J?? What is the point really? Kapitan, if heading to ARN, try doing SIN-BKK-CDG-ARN or SIN-BKK-OSL-ARN as the long-haul A/Cs utilised are a lot better than the 744 used between BKK-ARN (772 for OSL and 77W for CDG featuring a herring-bone configuration).
                God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

I have already enrolled into TG some time back, but 0 miles on the account. 40k only, will acheieve that by April, have a return trip to EU every month at least until Dec.
                  ooppss sorry 50K not 40K. But if you have registered more than 2 years it is 80K. since 0 miles why don't you just registered as a new member?

50,000 Qualifying Miles from the date of enrolment up to December 31 of the same year, or 50,000 Qualifying Miles during the first complete calendar year after enrolment, a calendar year defined as January 1 to December 31 of any given year.

80,000 Qualifying Miles from the date of enrolment up to December 31 of the next complete calendar year. 40 international flown sectors on THAI within any 1 calendar year.*
                  visit my blog

Comment

• Depends on what you want more from each program. I guess status is not so important for you since you'll achieve it quite easily.

If its redeemable miles, I'll still go for BD until it gets shut-down; whenever that may be; for its really excellent redemption. TG's rates are quite horrible...at least to the places I redeem.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                      Depends on what you want more from each program. I guess status is not so important for you since you'll achieve it quite easily.

If its redeemable miles, I'll still go for BD until it gets shut-down; whenever that may be; for its really excellent redemption. TG's rates are quite horrible...at least to the places I redeem.
                      but since he will fly TG most of the time, I think putting on TG will be much better right? Chances for upgrade is higher
                      visit my blog

Comment

• Doesn't this belong (for the benefit of others) in the:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1621
                        HUGE AL

Comment

Okay, good news is business class travel is back!!! yay!... but no J on SQ, they are too d... expensive.... so will travel J on TG, which is about half the price...
                          Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                          ... have a return trip to EU every month at least until Dec.
                          With a return to Europe in J every month I would definitely still go with BD's DC. Yes it is probably going to disappear at some point this year (as we have waited for each year for the last 3...) but the earn and burn rates are so good in J and F - especially the +55K bracket earnings - that it's still worth it imho. And presuming it will be merged with M&M if you are Gold, which only takes 54K initially then 38K to requalify, you will almost certainly get LH SEN status.

Also worth bearing in mind that although TG are usually going to be the cheapest they may not be every time, in which case being TG Gold maybe not as important.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            With a return to Europe in J every month I would definitely still go with BD's DC. Yes it is probably going to disappear at some point this year (as we have waited for each year for the last 3...) but the earn and burn rates are so good in J and F - especially the +55K bracket earnings - that it's still worth it imho. And presuming it will be merged with M&M if you are Gold, which only takes 54K initially then 38K to requalify, you will almost certainly get LH SEN status.

Also worth bearing in mind that although TG are usually going to be the cheapest they may not be every time, in which case being TG Gold maybe not as important.
                            +1. And don't forget that you can fly TG for the better C fares but still credit to BD (after they just confirmed today that at least for 2011 no integration into M&M will happen - check FT BD forum). Many BD folks redeem also on TG for travel meaning the miles should be quite useful as BD has good access to TG award inventpry like most other *A FFPs. Otherwise if I fly lots C I would pick LH M&M due to 2x COS bonus as availability for premium classes on LH, LX, OS etc is good and you even have a chance for seats on some SQ 77W or A345 flights in C.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                              LH J?? What is the point really? Kapitan, if heading to ARN, try doing SIN-BKK-CDG-ARN or SIN-BKK-OSL-ARN as the long-haul A/Cs utilised are a lot better than the 744 used between BKK-ARN (772 for OSL and 77W for CDG featuring a herring-bone configuration).
                              Pinkfloyd BKK-STO uses 747-400 and have three class, i.e. Economy, Executive Economy and Business.... where J is seated in the normal 1st class seats, EY in the normal J seats.... so it was not so bad, Business class service in first class seats....

Comment

• Which Star Alliance carrier FFPs give more miles for "premium economy" travel?

I know TG's ROP gives 110%. I went through the KrisFlyer web pages and (the thread on this forum about VS) it seems PE is only credited as regular econ with 100% miles. I believe NH likewise only gives 100% miles for PE (whereas regular economy earns only 70%).

Are there other programs like ROP which gives more than 100% for PE travel?

Comment

Working...
                                X