Clearing waitlisted Award Ticket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearing waitlisted Award Ticket

I have an award ticket booking for my little brother in J for end of October returning beginning of November, YVR-SIN-YVR that has been waitlisted.
    From what I have been told by the KF center in SIN there is a good chance of getting it cleared. I am actually booked on the same flights on a revenue ticket.
    YVR office also send another note to trying to clear it.
    Everybody is doing their best from this end. I am just wondering from your experience, being still a few month away what the chances are of clearing the award and would it usually happen shortly before departure date or well ahead of date of travel?
    I need to make a lot of other arrangements, regional flights, hotels etc. and it of course all depends on this award ticket clearing.
    Thanks in advance.

You may have to wait until close to departure. SQ clears a lot of award spaces within 3-7 days of flight. I know, it doesn't help if you need to make other arrangements, but YVR-SIN is usually not too hard to get. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryK View Post
      You may have to wait until close to departure. SQ clears a lot of award spaces within 3-7 days of flight. I know, it doesn't help if you need to make other arrangements, but YVR-SIN is usually not too hard to get. Good luck.
      Thanks TerryK.
      Let's hope for the best. The good thing is it's not a busy time of year for air travel.

Comment

Just another voice to add to TerryK's reassurance, yvrcnx. Of the 5 redemptions I did when I was QPP, only 2 cleared outright. The other 3 had to be waitlisted and cleared at the time when it was necessary to ticket within 24 hours. But I was never worried. I knew SQ would find a way to accommodate a QPP. For this reason, I'm sure your brother will clear the waitlist as well. (The waitlisted redemptions were for a brother and a friend.)
        Last edited by jjpb3; 25 June 2007, 12:35 AM. Reason: oops
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          Just another voice to add to TerryK's reassurance, yvrcnx. Of the 5 redemptions I did when I was QPP, only 2 cleared outright. The other 3 had to be waitlisted and cleared at the time when it was necessary to ticket within 24 hours. But I was never worried. I knew SQ would find a way to accommodate a QPP. For this reason, I'm sure your brother will clear the waitlist as well. (The waitlisted redemptions were for a brother and a friend.)
          Thank you jjpb3. That is comforting. Let's hope that being QPP will still mean as much as it did "then" by the time we travel.

Comment

Working...
          X