Multiple waitlisting - is it 'spamming'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple waitlisting - is it 'spamming'

I have booked a bunch of J waitlists from SYD-DXB over a range of days.

Does anyone know if this increases the chance of getting a confirmed seat, or does SQ regard this as waitlist 'spamming'?

Thanks

Neither I would imagine. Have you checked or asked which one is the likeliest to clear ?.

Comment

Originally posted by vbarberini View Post
      I have booked a bunch of J waitlists from SYD-DXB over a range of days.

Does anyone know if this increases the chance of getting a confirmed seat, or does SQ regard this as waitlist 'spamming'?

Thanks
      I did something similar for my SIN-LAX trip last Dec. I was told that it would actually diminish my chance of getting my waitlists cleared. Apparently, the multiple dates will confuse the system/operator and they would rather clear those who have waitlisted on specific dates.

Comment

Originally posted by maemae View Post
        I did something similar for my SIN-LAX trip last Dec. I was told that it would actually diminish my chance of getting my waitlists cleared. Apparently, the multiple dates will confuse the system/operator and they would rather clear those who have waitlisted on specific dates.
        I agree. If everyone wait-listed multiple flights, especially at the busiest times, it would eventually clog the system and nobody would get anything they wanted. I guess SQ could just close the wait-list but then they might lose potential customers to other carriers. Then when one wait-list does clear and all the other bookings you made suddenly drop off the system it might finish up with empty seats. Seems a bit like gaming the system if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
        X