Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ222 (777-300ER) vs SQ232 (A380)

Hi all,

Have finally collected 123K miles so I can finally book another business flight after a year of collecting to head to IST.

The flights for July are showing as waitlist for the flights all the way to IST as Business Saver.

Is there a better change of the flights being confirmed on SQ232 as it's a A380 as it would have more seats and the timing of the flights?

I have already flown on 773, 772 and A380 so a 773ER would be my first time. Does anyone know if the 772 they use for their IST flights have finally been updated?

Or do I skip IST and just fly to DXB like I did last time and get connecting flights to SKP which is my end point since the metal they use to DXB is better?

Any guidence?

Thanking you in advance.

Originally posted by Liski View Post
    Hi all,
    Does anyone know if the 772 they use for their IST flights have finally been updated?
    You would get the refitted 772ER which I understand has a similar business seat to the 773 refit and older 77W but the old limited Krisworld selection like on the 773. This is the same plane used on SQ241/2 to SYD and sometimes it's the exact same plane which then becomes SQ392.

The chances of IST being upgraded to anything else between now and the middle of next year are virtually zero because they have already announced and rumoured enough A350 to keep them going well beyond then and I doubt a 77W is going to head to IST anytime soon.

Comment

I stand to correct that the B777-200ER used on IST would carry the refitted long haul seats in a 26 J cabin (compared to 38J on those 777-200ER on regional routes). The B777-300 (non-ER) would have the regional seats. The 26J configuration is usually used on JNB,IST,FCO,CPH and one MEL/SYD daily. And being IST,there are always remote chance that there might be Last minute equipment swop to the odd purple cabin should the sccheduled aircraft goes tech.

I have always enjoyed the 26J cabin as the J cabin is smaller and feels more cosy and the lavatory are located at the back of the cabin between J and EY class. Only complain is these aircrafts are really showing it's age and they should still be around for a year or two

Comment

Working...
      X