First name, but no middle name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First name, but no middle name

Hi, wonder if anyone has any experience with this.
    I issued some redemption ticket on Avianca / AAdvantage for travel on Star Alliance / OneWorld flights. Avianca / AAdvantage are USA/Western based programs and typically, they issue the ticket based only on "Last" and "First" name, with the middle name completely omitted from the ticket.

For example, "Lau Tak Wah" will have the name of the passenger shown on the ticket as "Lau" under Last Name and "Tak" under "First Name" with "Wah" not shown anywhere. On the other hand, "Lau Tak Wah" 's passport will show "Lau Tak Wah".

I've had such tickets issued a couple of times in USA and Europe and had had no problems getting the boarding pass issued and then clearing immigration. I guess in the Western world, they are used to just checking up on the "Last" and "First" name, even if the Middle name is not shown on the boarding pass but shown on the passport.

I've recently had such tickets issued on JAL and NH for travel from SIN - NRT, NRT - PVG respectively. Its the first time that I'll have only "Last" and "First" name shown on my boarding pass clearing immigration in Asia.

Has anyone had any problems with immigration in Asia with such boarding passes?

Thanks!

Tak Wah should be the first name. Not just Tak. I believe it's possible to input Tak Wah under first name?

Comment

Working...
    X