Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priority Boarding on Singapore Airlines

Hi all,
    When catching SQ services the gate attendant will always ask Business Class and PPS Club passengers to board first then everyone else, however according to Krisflyer's information we also know KF Gold, *G and Velocity Gold can also enjoy priority boarding on SQ.
    Since it is not announced, may I ask how can they enjoy priority boarding?
    Also for KF and Velocity Gold, how can passengers enjoy priority check in at stations other than Changi?
    Thank you.

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
    Hi all,
    When catching SQ services the gate attendant will always ask Business Class and PPS Club passengers to board first then everyone else, however according to Krisflyer's information we also know KF Gold, *G and Velocity Gold can also enjoy priority boarding on SQ.
    Since it is not announced, may I ask how can they enjoy priority boarding?
    Also for KF and Velocity Gold, how can passengers enjoy priority check in at stations other than Changi?
    Thank you.
    The sequence is all premium pax (PPS, Biz, Suite), then KF Gold and *A Gold.
    Not sure what station (SIN or abroad ?) you refer to, but in my experience, the boarding sequence is always announced. The only variation is the "family with young children" is not always announced, in my experience.
    However, even on flights to Australia, I have never heard a specific word about Velocity at boarding in Singapore.

Comment

It varies from port to port.......and from one time through to the next.

MNL a couple of weeks ago KFG got a separate boarding call after Business Class/PPS. HKG a few weeks ago, I was told to join the PPS queue, after having a separate queue the time before that. BKK is a free for all, biggest shoulders wins. It's all a bit of a mishmashmess ;-)

Comment

Hey there, "Metropolitan Airlines" - you might want to peruse through this entire feed and see how your recent experiences match-up.

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12771

Comment

If SQ does not provide priority boarding to KF *G or VA Gold, then perhaps we should all show up at gate 11 minutes prior departure, at least by then we have no queues and we still able to get to our seats!

Comment

Unfortunately priority boarding is hardly enforced in most airports and those that enforce it make a mockery of the situation. Business and PPS folks queue separately from Gold but the agents allow both queues to board at the same time so there is no priority and probably less so for Business and PPS as some flights have a lot more Business pax than Gold so the queue is longer.

Comment

If SQ does not provide priority boarding to KF *G or VA Gold, then perhaps we should all show up at gate 11 minutes prior departure, at least by then we have no queues and we still able to get to our seats!

But can you be sure of getting your bag in the overhead?

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                But can you be sure of getting your bag in the overhead?
                Yes I can. Everyone gets 30kg checked luggage allowance, therefore the overhead bins aren't that full compared to those budget airlines.

Comment

Yes I can. Everyone gets 30kg checked luggage allowance, therefore the overhead bins aren't that full compared to those budget airlines.
                  The SIN-KUL-SIN weekday peak hour flights are a nightmare where most people lost their civility in a rush to board first to get that coveted overhead bin space for their carry ons

Comment

Working...
                  X