Retroactive Mileage Claims and Gold Re-qualification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retroactive Mileage Claims and Gold Re-qualification

MY KF membership year ends in August, but I've cleared my qualification for next year a few months ago. I'm now sitting on an elite miles balance of 70k+.

From what I understand, the extra 20k+ miles, and any miles I accrue before the end of August will not count toward my re-qualification for 2016-17, nor will any miles I accrue between now and the end of August.

However, I'm flying another 15k miles or so in the next few months, and I was wondering if there was a way to get around the elite miles going to waste. In particular, does anyone know what will happen if I don't credit the miles to SQ when I fly, but just make a retroactive mileage claim in September? Would that allow the miles I've flown apply to my re-qualification for next year?

Hi chisquared, as far as I know, for Krisflyer Elite Gold qualification purposes, anything more than 50,000 miles is useless.

There is an aviation saying that goes: "There is nothing more useless than fuel on the ground, runway behind you, and altitude above you". To that I would add "Any Krisflyer Elite qualifying miles above 50K"...

Comment

Yes, I understand that anything about 50k is useless, but that also depends on the timing of the miles above 50k. Was hoping that crediting them in the new membership year even though they were flown in the old one would credit them to the new year.

Comment

When I had retroactive miles credited, they credited into the previous year's cycle with corresponding dates. I don't think it will work for you.

Comment

That's what I thought. I won't bother with it then. Thanks for input, Kyo and yflyer!

Comment

Working...
          X