Saver Award Quotas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saver Award Quotas

So here's the situation - have booked a trip for my parents (2xJ) from FCO-SIN-PER.
    Currently, the flight from FCO gets into SIN around 6am and the only available saver departure at the time was at 0015 the next day so they basically have about 18 hours in SIN.
    Just got an email yesterday informing me that the SIN-PER leg has been rescheduled about 30 mins earlier so I thought I'd take the opportunity to see if there was any availability for an earlier flight by checking the SIN-PER legs on the website.
    I can see availability for 2 x J savers for SQ 213 at 0740 and SQ 223 at 0930 so I thought I'd ask the KF consultant to switch them to one of these instead so that they don't have to wait so long for their next flight.
    I was told that he can't see the availability because the number of saver awards for transit vs for one-way flights is different so we are unable to change.
    Has anyone encountered this before? I highly doubt that someone else has taken the quota of transit seats for this leg as I booked this back in September last year for June this year. Or should I just ring back and hope for a "better" consultant?

The transit quota is different from one-way-flights? Thats new to me. What I've done previous was to convert a HKG - SIN flight into a HKG - SIN - PER flight all on 1 ticket. So what I would normally do, is to tell them is the SIN - PER Flight available? and HKG - SIN available? Are Flight A + Flight B valid connections? If they are, please book for me.

Never had an issue thus far.
    Life's A Bitch,
    Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Originally posted by inix View Post
      The transit quota is different from one-way-flights? Thats new to me. What I've done previous was to convert a HKG - SIN flight into a HKG - SIN - PER flight all on 1 ticket. So what I would normally do, is to tell them is the SIN - PER Flight available? and HKG - SIN available? Are Flight A + Flight B valid connections? If they are, please book for me.

Never had an issue thus far.
      That's what I tried to do as I currently have the FCO-SIN leg already and just want to switch the SIN-PER leg. He first suggested that I had looked at economy by mistake but I made him stay on the line as I logged on and found the J Saver availability.

Guess I'll try again on Monday and hope to get somebody who can see it my way.

Comment

SQ is very much like that - I've had varied luck getting agents to book an A + B itinerary. I recently booked AKL-JFK with a stopover in SIN. Initially I was told SIN-JFK wasn't available even though both were available individually because of "quota" reasons. After putting me on hold for a bit, the agent came back and asked how I would like to pay for it.

Another time I had HKG-SYD booked. I wanted to change to an earlier HKG-SIN flight, where there was availability online for that individual segment. Called about 10 times and was told again because of "quota" reason they cannot just change the HKG-SIN segment alone even though it was a valid connection and available. I had to remain on waitlist and it only cleared T-24 hours after repeated calls to the service centre.

Comment

The quota is different, that's what I have always been explained. And I think it could be true. Because the same applies to revenue bookings.

In your case, I had encountered similar before, I always think that the problem is that when you change one segment, the system is trying to find a new quota for the entire journey and since you are already sitting on one of it (the FCO segment), obviously it will never show available seats.

What i did was I requested a Waitlist on the flight i wanted and then sent a chaser/message with an explanation. The waitlist cleared quite fast.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
            The quota is different, that's what I have always been explained. And I think it could be true. Because the same applies to revenue bookings.

In your case, I had encountered similar before, I always think that the problem is that when you change one segment, the system is trying to find a new quota for the entire journey and since you are already sitting on one of it (the FCO segment), obviously it will never show available seats.

What i did was I requested a Waitlist on the flight i wanted and then sent a chaser/message with an explanation. The waitlist cleared quite fast.
            I thought the consultant on the phone might be able to make the change as they had contacted me about a rescheduling of the confirmed PER-SIN leg so I thought I might as well tell them that I'd like to change the flight.

I did waitlist back in September for the preferred flights which is still there. I guess I should mention that when I ring them back tomorrow. Was at ION earlier and contemplated going into the service centre to get it sorted but now that they charge the $30 walk-in fee I thought I might as well stick to the phone, especially as there is no guarantee of success arguing my case in person as well..

Comment

Originally posted by mingster View Post
              I thought the consultant on the phone might be able to make the change as they had contacted me about a rescheduling of the confirmed PER-SIN leg so I thought I might as well tell them that I'd like to change the flight.

I did waitlist back in September for the preferred flights which is still there. I guess I should mention that when I ring them back tomorrow. Was at ION earlier and contemplated going into the service centre to get it sorted but now that they charge the $30 walk-in fee I thought I might as well stick to the phone, especially as there is no guarantee of success arguing my case in person as well..
              I was never charged the walk-in fee to make changes to waitlists and confirming waitlists. I don't think it is enforced.
              Unless it's a recent thing. My last experience there was last year Sep or so.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                I was never charged the walk-in fee to make changes to waitlists and confirming waitlists. I don't think it is enforced.
                Unless it's a recent thing. My last experience there was last year Sep or so.
                I walked in late last year to change the SIN-FCO to a PER-FCO and got charged the $30. The lady kept asking me if I was sure I wanted to come in as I could do it for free on the phone but I wanted to get the stopover on the Saver award done correctly. She told me they had been instructed that they had to charge on all walk-ins.

Comment

Working...
                X