Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoot, TigerAir to join Singapore Airlines' KrisFlyer

Scoot, TigerAir to join Singapore Airlines' KrisFlyer

Scoot and Tigerair will join Singapore Airlines' KrisFlyer frequent flyer scheme, allowing KrisFlyer miles to be earned and burned on both low-cost airlines.

From April 2015 travellers will be able to trade their KrisFlyer Miles "for vouchers to travel on Scoot and Tigerair flights," according to Singapore Airlines.

By year's end passengers on Scoot and Tigerair will also be able to earn KrisFlyer Miles, although this is expected to be offered as a cost-extra fare option similar to the approach taken by Jetstar with its Qantas points-earning Jetstar Plus and Max fare bundles.

Singapore Airlines has not detailed how many KrisFlyer Miles it'll take to book a seat on Scoot or Tigerair, let alone what the earning rates on those airlines will be.

Scoot has established a foothold in the Australian market with flights from Sydney, Perth and the Gold Coast, and will add Melbourne to its network in November.

Although the airline's ScootBiz cabin (above) is more akin to premium economy than to conventional business class, many business travellers on a budget – especially the self-employed – consider it a cost-effective way to jet to Singapore.

Scoot will take delivery of its first new Boeing 787 this month and begin Perth-Singapore flights on the Dreamliner from February 5, with its other Australian destinations being upgraded to the Boeing 787 later this year.

Source: http://www.ausbt.com.au/scoot-tigera...ines-krisflyer
    The CEO of SIA's subsidary, John from Virgin Australia suggested that no airlines can successfully exist without a frequent flyer program, and today SIA's Tiger Airways and Scoot suffered because of this.

With their network expanding and SQ is intending to dump some of its unprofitable routes to the low cost off-shoot, it is reasonable to see finally they have listened and Krisflyer miles can soon be earned and burnt on Scoot and Tigerair.

I am sure this will increase the convenience of frequent flyers who fly SQ often, and further increase the attraciveness of the scheme to budget travellers.

Good move to encourage Krisflyer members flying budget to stay within the SIA group.
    Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
    The CEO of SIA's subsidary, John from Virgin Australia...
    SIA owns a stake in Virgin Australia but Virgin Australia is not a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines.

Comment

I think SQ has suddenly started to realise that their KrisFlyer members ought to be treated properly and have taken steps to do so. VA was a decent move. The surprising announcement last week about converting KF points to Passion Card (vice-versa) and now this.

The next thing which I would REALLY want SQ to do, is to consider working with Hotel Chains like SPG to do 2 way conversion, instead of the 1 way now.... That would be FANTASTIC
      Life's A Bitch,
      Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
        The CEO of SIA's subsidary, John from Virgin Australia suggested that no airlines can successfully exist without a frequent flyer program
        Ryanair seem to be doing alright....

Comment

Originally posted by inix View Post
          The next thing which I would REALLY want SQ to do, is to consider working with Hotel Chains like SPG to do 2 way conversion, instead of the 1 way now.... That would be FANTASTIC
          Yeah, you've been preaching on HWZ and I've been clicking on the like button hehe.
          Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

Comment

Working...
          X