• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VA flight number, on Delta metal

Hello

I am trying to work out if I ticket I have booked
    PER-SYD-LAX
    both with VA flight numbers will earn SQ miles. The SYD-LAX flight is on a Delta aircraft as a code-share with VA.

PER-SYD VA572 - VA Aircraft
    SYD-LAX VA6552 - Delta Aircraft

Has anybody been able to claim miles like this before? I am guessing I will need to retro claim the SYD-LAX flight as the delta website doesn't seem to accecpt non-skyteam FF numbers under the booking. Both the VA and Delta website have access to the booking, but only the Delta website has seat reservations that work (even for the domestic flight).

Many thanks.

Originally posted by alchemist View Post
    Hello

I am trying to work out if I ticket I have booked
    PER-SYD-LAX
    both with VA flight numbers will earn SQ miles. The SYD-LAX flight is on a Delta aircraft as a code-share with VA.

PER-SYD VA572 - VA Aircraft
    SYD-LAX VA6552 - Delta Aircraft

Has anybody been able to claim miles like this before? I am guessing I will need to retro claim the SYD-LAX flight as the delta website doesn't seem to accecpt non-skyteam FF numbers under the booking. Both the VA and Delta website have access to the booking, but only the Delta website has seat reservations that work (even for the domestic flight).

Many thanks.
    If you are looking to credit the miles back to Krisflyer, I don't think you can for the second segment. DL operates the flight, VA is only the marketing carrier. It's the operating carrier that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
      If you are looking to credit the miles back to Krisflyer, I don't think you can for the second segment. DL operates the flight, VA is only the marketing carrier. It's the operating carrier that counts.
      Correct. The OP will only be able to earn miles for PERSYD. KrisFlyer members are eligible to earn miles on VA operated flights including codeshare services marketed by SQ, or VA marketed codeshare services operated by SQ or MI. No earn on any other VA codeshare services.

If you're able to change your flight easily or cost effectively, just change your SYDLAX to VA1 if you wish to credit to KrisFlyer.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
      X