200 points short!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 points short!

I'm looking to redeem my points on a Saver Award in Suites next year. Availability is good but I am just 200 points short (even allowing for the 15% online redemption saving).

I am KF Gold (if that helps).

I have spare SQ points in my wife's account (also Gold), but I don't think they can be transferred and there's not enough to pay for the flight with me as a redemption nominee.

I have Virgin Australia points (but again - no transfer ability that I'm aware of).

I have Hilton HHonours points (but I'm not aware of any transfer ability).

I believe I can buy a block of 1000 points as part of the redemption process for $40 USD.

I don't have any travel plans to earn the missing points between now and when I have to make the booking.

Any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

I'd personally pay the $40 if that's all that stands between you and a Suites saver otherwise do you have any credit cards that can transfer points across? Although having said that most of the cards here in Singapore will charge you a fee to transfer points so the original $40 fee is probably still the most worthwhile option.

mingster

Comment

Or you can try to make some spending Maybank Horizon Visa which do not have any conversion fee. Transfer is is blocks of 1,250 tr'eats Points for every 500 KrisFlyer miles.

You get 2 miles for every dollar spent on air ticket(s)/travel package(s) [including hotel bookings , purchases at Perfumes & Cosmetics outlets in Singapore Changi Airport, and overseas transactions.

Comment

Thanks I appreciate your help. I just coughed up for the Points Top Up. Hardly a big deal but it was worth looking to see if there was a way of using other points I have tucked around the place.

So Suites and TPR, here I come!

Comment

Congrats on the Suites Saver! Looking forward to my first one next year too!

Comment

Working...
          X