X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPS membership year

Hi

First post here !

I am not clear about the PPS vs the 'normal' membership renewal.

My year ends in Jan.

It looks like I can become PPS for the 1st time before Jan if I want to (time the purchase for post-JAN flights).

If that happens before Jan, does that mean my 'PPS year' will expire in a few weeks at the same time as the 'normal' membership renewal ?

Or the date which you become PPS will determine the next 12 months as "PPS" separate from the usual KF membership?

My reading of the FAQs suggests the former but would be happy to accept further clarification.

Cheers

Originally posted by SQ222 View Post
    It looks like I can become PPS for the 1st time before Jan if I want to (time the purchase for post-JAN flights).
    Surely PPS Value only accrues when you fly the segments, not just buy the ticket?

Or do you mean that you will actually purchase and fly enough to qualify for PPS before the end of your current membership year?

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore Airlines website
      PPS Club membership will be yours when you accrue a PPS Value of S$25,000 within a period of 12 consecutive months.
      Accrue=flown, not buy (as explained by stargold) by you personally.

Nothing to do with your renewal of "normal" membership.

Simply: if you've just flown J or F, then add all the $value of similar class flights in the last 12 months. If it exceeds $25K, you qualify for PPS for the next 12 calendar months.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks for the replies

That's what is confusing me.

Here is the info online in my account

"Additional PPS value you need to qualify for PPS Club $xxxx"

It appears to me that once I had contributed to SQ coffers that xxx amount, I will be PPS:

.... regardless of the timing of the flights (??? true)

.... before my renewal date (??? true)

as SQ does not say anything else.

I am rather surprised to see your view that the segments need to be flown to be counted towards PPS.

May I ask if you could refer me to some T & C somewhere, if possible ?

All this is rather new to me, really.

Regards

Comment

...I am rather surprised to see your view that the segments need to be flown to be counted towards PPS.....
          Purchased, but unflown, segments can be cancelled and refunded.

The PPS Value is in Singapore dollars, and can be earned when you travel in the Singapore Airlines Suites, First or Business Class on Singapore Airlines or SilkAir.
          http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/pp...SClub_PPSClub/

You must travel, not just purchase, to earn miles and/or PPS Values.

Comment

I am rather surprised to see your view that the segments need to be flown to be counted towards PPS.

Regards
            That's common sense, isn't it? Not just with PPS Value, but also with frequent flyer points from any airlines or hotel programs for that matter.

The earned value/points will usually only post after you have taken the flight.

Otherwise, the process to cater for cancellation/deferred booking/etc is going to be messy!

Comment

It appears to me that once I had contributed to SQ coffers that xxx amount, I will be PPS:

.... regardless of the timing of the flights (??? true)
              No. As stated above in the quote taken from SQ, the accrual is within 12 calendar months. What the website is doing is calculating the $value from present to 12 months ago and show you the balance needed to hit $25K.
              .... before my renewal date (??? true)
              Again, let me state that it has NOTHING to do with your current renewal date to achieve PPS. However once you do achieve it, you will need to hit $25K again within 12 calendar months from the month you got into PPS (new renewal date) but don't let this muddle you for now.

Regards
              Like Miles, PPS$ is credited post-flight, not at point of purchase. Why? When you pay for them, yes, the money is with SQ but as with many (not all) unflown flights, you can always cancel it and get back your money. If they had awarded you PPS when you bought the tickets, but you cancel the flight after that (intentionally?), would SQ then have to withdraw your PPS? Way too messy. So the policy of awarding post-flight is sound, SQ has earned your money when you actually fly and then they can give you the award. Hope that explains it.

Most of what you need to know is found HERE. It's not all-encompassing but it is clear and simple enough.

NOTE: Sorry this post looks as if KFly's and TerryK's explanation wasn't sufficient. I was typing this as they posted.

Comment

Thanks guys

I got it now.

The comparison with miles makes it clearer than what I read from the SQ website which gave me the wrong idea.

It does make sense.

Many thanks for your patience

Comment

Working...
                X