Krisflyer Linked Cards in Perth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krisflyer Linked Cards in Perth

My 19yr old daughter will be studying in Perth for a few years and hence we'll be setting up a bank account and getting a card (?visa or such) for her.

Can anyone offer any advice on which bank or card to get such that we can benefit from FFP miles, particularly good if Krisflyer points can be gained somehow.

Totally not familiar with how things are done in Australia.

Thanks!

The Westpac Singapore Airlines Platinum cards comes to mind. It comes with a Westpac branded American Express card and a Visa card.

<http://www.westpac.com.au/personal-banking/credit-cards/reward/singapore-airlines-platinum/?view=Standard>

But not sure if your daughter is eligible given her recent arrival in Australia (no credit history).

Another option is American Express. I personally use my AMEX rewards points for transfer to KF.

Comment

Only one Krisflyer branded card in Australia which is the Westpac Krisflyer Gold & Platinum cards (Visa & Amex linked to same account). I have the platinum version of this card which earns 0.5 miles per AUD$1 on domestic purchases with the Visa & 1.5 per AUD$1 on oversea purchases with Visa & Amex (no cap on earnings). There is also a 10,000 or 20,000 miles sign up bonus depending when you sign on. There are quite a few other cards in Australia from the big four banks (ANZ/Westpac/Commonnwealth/NAB) with rewards programs which allow you to transfer into a Krisflyer account. Some of these can earn upto 0.66 miles per AUD$1 on a Visa/Mastercard & upto 1.5 miles per AUD$1 on Amex but may have caps on earn rates.

Comment

Thanks, but would I qualify?

My daughter being a student will not have an income and I reside here in Singapore.

My wife will go down with her to open bank accounts and if possible get her a charge card (Amex, Visa etc) if allowed. Obviously, I am not keen on her using her Singapore based Subsidiary Cards.

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post
          Thanks, but would I qualify?

My daughter being a student will not have an income and I reside here in Singapore.

My wife will go down with her to open bank accounts and if possible get her a charge card (Amex, Visa etc) if allowed. Obviously, I am not keen on her using her Singapore based Subsidiary Cards.
          I doubt you'll be able to apply for a credit card as a non-Australian resident. As for your daughter, she might be able to apply for a basic credit or debit card.

Best to check the rewards program of these basic cards to see if any of them can be transferred to KF.

As for the earn rates, well... not going to make much difference if your daughter only manage to get a basic card with minimal credit limit due to her lack of credit history. As mentioned in a previous post, check the Big 4 banks, as well as HSBC and Citibank to see what's available.

Of course you can be really wealthy, and deposits millions into her account, then I'm sure the bank will more than happy to issue a Plat card to your daughter

Comment

Thanks very much for the info.

Originally posted by KFly View Post
            Of course you can be really wealthy, and deposits millions into her account, then I'm sure the bank will more than happy to issue a Plat card to your daughter
            Haha... slight technical hitch.... need some millions.

Comment

Working...
            X