The strange world of Krisflyer redemptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The strange world of Krisflyer redemptions

We know many members of other FFP's regularly complain about the lack of SQ award availability, usually with good reason to be fair.

So here I am looking at a possible award flight next month for SIN-AKL in J. On the day I want to travel going on KF it advises me that both SQ281 and SQ285 are on saver waitlist. Fair enough. However, if I then log on to my LifeMiles account I can book SQ281 for the same day no problem.

Go figure, as they say in some parts....

Hush! Its been like this for ages

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      We know many members of other FFP's regularly complain about the lack of SQ award availability, usually with good reason to be fair.

So here I am looking at a possible award flight next month for SIN-AKL in J. On the day I want to travel going on KF it advises me that both SQ281 and SQ285 are on saver waitlist. Fair enough. However, if I then log on to my LifeMiles account I can book SQ281 for the same day no problem.

You are recently posting about a lot of things that have been - unfortunately - around forever. *A awards are independent from KF Saver awards and that has been the fact for ages. I believe KF availability is tight to commercial booking classes available while *A inventory follows a different algorithm.

Comment

I am waitlisted on Suites Saver from SIN to JFK and PPS is giving me their quota bullshit: only a certain number of awards per flight bla bla bla.

Point is: not a single soul booked SIN-FRA and FRA-JFK... :-(

Comment

Considering your good TPP-SQ relations, why not mention this more often to your PPS coordinator?

Comment

MAN Flyer, I'm not a LifeMiles Member. Can you tell me if the number of miles required to book the J seats equivalent to F Saver?

Like you, I do get stuck on a waitlist J a few times. And I had to constantly harass the PPS hotline to nudge them. Being on the waitlist doesn't allow me get the rest of my itinerary firmed up. It makes me feel like I'm a cheapskate third-rate SQ customer for wanting to use my miles to fly!

The fact is that we have all pre-paid for these "redemption" seats when we fly on paid seats. We shouldn't be made to feel like they're doing us a favour giving us a redemption seat.

Yes, old story. Just want to rant ... and consider alternatives.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
              I know, I've made a number of awards myself. It's aimed at a certain group of people who only read this board.

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
              You are recently posting about a lot of things that have been - unfortunately - around forever.
              I'm aware of this but didn't know about the rules on posting about them, I'll make sure I check with you in future.

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              Considering your good TPP-SQ relations, why not mention this more often to your PPS coordinator?
              Better to use those favours only when really needed. That other award was for SYD-SIN-MAN in F next week when there was virtually nothing available even in revenue classes for my PITA sister who knew about the family event for months and then announced last week she wants to attend.

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
              MAN Flyer, I'm not a LifeMiles Member. Can you tell me if the number of miles required to book the J seats equivalent to F Saver?
              SIN-AKL in J with LM starts at 47,000 miles then you can bring that down to 19,500 miles and US$ 436, both plus taxes.

Comment

SIN-AKL in J with LM starts at 47,000 miles then you can bring that down to 19,500 miles and US$ 436, both plus taxes.
                Just to be absolutely clear, that's upgrade to J from a paid Y tix, right??

I'm going to feel rather stupid if you tell me that it's an outright J redemption, because SQ lists 45K miles for J Saver one-way upgrade with 15% online discount (i.e. 38.25K) plus taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                  +1
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                    Just to be absolutely clear, that's upgrade to J from a paid Y tix, right??

Just to be clear, no. Nuff said.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                      Just to be clear, no. Nuff said.
                      HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                      X