Suite savers redemption on A380

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suite savers redemption on A380

I notice that booking for 2 suite seats to places like JFK on 380 red eye flights are almost always on waitlist. But if you book 1 seat, it is available.

In that respect, is it possible to book 1 seat at a time, and do it twice to get both the seats you want? When I select one seat, I see that only 2 other suite seats have been taken up which leads me to think that there should be at least 2 more to be used for redemption?

In the case where I am wrong, can I call SQ to clear the waitlist for the second individually booked seat and will they allow this if they know you tried to book 2 seats on 2 separate instances?

On a related note, how many suite seats are often available for redemption on the 380s?

Originally posted by adamantine View Post
    I notice that booking for 2 suite seats to places like JFK on 380 red eye flights are almost always on waitlist. But if you book 1 seat, it is available.

In that respect, is it possible to book 1 seat at a time, and do it twice to get both the seats you want? When I select one seat, I see that only 2 other suite seats have been taken up which leads me to think that there should be at least 2 more to be used for redemption?

In the case where I am wrong, can I call SQ to clear the waitlist for the second individually booked seat and will they allow this if they know you tried to book 2 seats on 2 separate instances?

On a related note, how many suite seats are often available for redemption on the 380s?
    Since there are only a few Suites available, SQ may only put one up for redemption booking. If in the event no one else pays for the other seats, then they are awarded to the waitlist on a priority basis.

Yes, you can try to book it using the method you mentioned. If it doesn't work out the way you want, you can cancel them so long as the miles haven't expired at the time of the cancellation. Different booking references should not be an issue.

As to how many seats are made available in F for redemption .... one or at best two, I would hazard a guess, probably the former. On some popular routes, they may not even have any firm ones available. Just have to waitlist. I have a flight SIN-LHR-SIN in two weeks time, and the system only allows me to book on the return an upgrade to F.

Comment

SQ has refined the system further and they now do not release Saver seats beyond a certain quota. Although the have 12 seats in Suites (vs. 8 in F), they have become very stingy in handing out a second Saver Awards in Suites while it's still relatively easy in First.

For TPP/QPP there are certain exceptions to the rule but one has to push very hard these days to get anything done.

Comment

thanks guys.

seems that my "strategy" would not work very well, and it would be better off to just waitlist and call up SQ to get it cleared asap.

I noticed that it was almost impossible to have 2 suites to NY, but no issue with suites to heathrow and back from CDG on the A380s, even during December.

Comment

Working...
        X