Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pecking order of priority

Now we all know that SQ uses this priority chart currently:

Staff > LPPS > Solitaire PPS > Normal PPS > KF*G > Other *G > KF*S > Other *S > the great unwashed

Now my question, as a partner of SQ, VA has 3 levels of membership, mainly Platinum, Gold and Silver. Given the partner status i assume that the status will fall into the other golds/silvers range.

For platinum i am rather unsure if it goes above KF*G and below normal PPS or is it classified the same as the partner gold range?

Not that it matters but SQ has a 19.9% shareholding in VA and the other *G(s) come as a 'package' with star alliance membership, thus classifying VA as another 'league' of partner.
    I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Originally posted by LOWJHG View Post
    [...]

For platinum i am rather unsure if it goes above KF*G and below normal PPS or is it classified the same as the partner gold range?

Not that it matters but SQ has a 19.9% shareholding in VA and the other *G(s) come as a 'package' with star alliance membership, thus classifying VA as another 'league' of partner.
    Priority waitlist for KF*G is limited to SQ, MI, and *A (see KF benefits at a glance) and you cannot earn KF elite miles on VA. I would guess that VA elites are simply not recognized by SQ other than lounge access.
    /Desert Traveller

Comment

Staff > LPPS > Solitaire PPS >
      And that's hearsay or fact?

Staff seats are only allocated once all passengers are allocated. If there are still seats in F, they go to staff (entitled to fly F) and they won't give a courtesy upgrade to a passenger in J (if that's what's your expectancy).

LPPS are no longer on top of everything. I believe they are now in one box with TPP and they also look at PPS Value: the pax with the higher PPS Value gets the upgrade.

Comment

Only the staff entitled to fly F, right? Or does that cover anyone working for SQ? New for me...

Comment

sorry for the confusion, but I've always had the perception that staff travel had priority over normal revenue travel, but just don't know where it is supposed to be slot in.

Comment

sorry for the confusion, but I've always had the perception that staff travel had priority over normal revenue travel, but just don't know where it is supposed to be slot in.
            Staff travel has zero priority. Even management will be seated in Economy if and when they can sell the seats in First and Business.

I was on a flight from BCN to SIN where they had a 'delegation' of six SQ employees who came back on Business from GRU. Four made it to First and two had to rough it in Economy...

Comment

Most management staff usually have to book a Y seat when on duty travel; senior management get J. If there are available F or J seats, they would be upgraded at check-in (but sometimes only at the gate itself, sometimes a gentle reminder to the gate staff helps). If Y is overbooked and both J and F are also full, one can always request for the jump seat from the captain - which is worse than a Y seat.

Caveat: that was the policy when I was working at a subsidiary decades ago!

Comment

From UA, staff get a J seat but on Standby basis only meaning they turn up at the airport and keep their fingers crossed. If J is full then next option is Y but again on a Standby basis.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                  And that's hearsay or fact?

Staff seats are only allocated once all passengers are allocated. If there are still seats in F, they go to staff (entitled to fly F) and they won't give a courtesy upgrade to a passenger in J (if that's what's your expectancy).

LPPS are no longer on top of everything. I believe they are now in one box with TPP and they also look at PPS Value: the pax with the higher PPS Value gets the upgrade.
                  Is it the total PPS value travelled from the beginning or the qualification period ?

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                    ... and they won't give a courtesy upgrade to a passenger in J (if that's what's your expectancy).

I am not expecting any upgrades of sorts given the stinginess of relegating *G into an inferior lounge in SIN.

Im talking about in circumstances of IRROPS, would a plat with VA have a higher chance of securing the next available flight than a *G.

Comment

Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
                      Is it the total PPS value travelled from the beginning or the qualification period ?
                      Unfortunately, I cannot shed any light on this question...

Comment

I am not expecting any upgrades of sorts given the stinginess of relegating *G into an inferior lounge in SIN.

Im talking about in circumstances of IRROPS, would a plat with VA have a higher chance of securing the next available flight than a *G.
                        SQ would not care for either, so you pick which status is higher.

Formally, *G should come first.

Comment

Does SQ actually care if you are KF * G or not......... I know I will nt attain KF*G this year, but who cares.....
                          This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Working...
                          X