No announcement yet.

Mixed Class Redemptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you do call and to make a mixed class redemption, make sure you get charged the correct mileage....

I redeemed BKK-SIN-MAN F Saver yesterday for tomorrow and I heard her say 'so that's Business Class for BKK-SIN and a First Class ticket for SIN-MAN' and she then wanted to charge me over 108,000 miles after the discount. I queried it and she said it was definitely right as the system was telling her that. As it had taken so long and I was now in a rush I just did SIN-MAN for 91,375 but when I got back later and checked I was right and I could include the BKK-SIN leg for the same miles.

Cue another 15-20 minutes, and a couple of inernational calls to my UK mobile, and I finally got it sorted...

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      If you do call and to make a mixed class redemption, make sure you get charged the correct mileage....

I redeemed BKK-SIN-MAN F Saver yesterday for tomorrow and I heard her say 'so that's Business Class for BKK-SIN and a First Class ticket for SIN-MAN' and she then wanted to charge me over 108,000 miles after the discount. I queried it and she said it was definitely right as the system was telling her that. As it had taken so long and I was now in a rush I just did SIN-MAN for 91,375 but when I got back later and checked I was right and I could include the BKK-SIN leg for the same miles.

Cue another 15-20 minutes, and a couple of inernational calls to my UK mobile, and I finally got it sorted...
      I had the same experience 2 weeks ago but forgot to share with everybody,.

The system (sneaky SQ!) will add 2 redemptions together for mixed class bookings now. I had to tell the agent to refer to the chart, he then agreed that the SFO-SIN and SFO-SGN cost the same number of miles in F class. he then escalated to his supervisor, and then got it honored as per chart.

Comment

Just wanna bring back this old topic again after making few calls to KF for my upcoming one way trip (HKG to Europe).

I was told that Economy Saver couldn't be mixed with First Saver, is it?

How should the miles be counted under a Business Saver and First Saver booking with a stopover? I was told that the system generated the sum of miles required for two different bookings.

Seems KF is being inconsistent nowadays. I didn't have a problem to book mixed class booking (with no stopover though) back to 2011...One of the operators told I was not eligible for the 15% online discount once I call the KF hotline (same class, same day transit booking) and told that would be an one time offer for me and no next time....

Also the availability of married segments seems varying a lot too comparing with before. I could be waitlisted on one booking and confirmed on the other...
        Last edited by ny911; 18 October 2013, 02:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X