No announcement yet.

When does SQ start to clear waitlists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2x Suites Savers waitlist confirmed 5 months out from the departure date for SIN-AKL

Comment

1x Business Saver waitlist confirmed 8 days out from the departure date for SIN-NYC-SIN

Comment

2X Business Saver Upgrade SYD-SIN-LHR-SIN-SYD ~5 months out.

Trying to secure J to F upgrade on the SYD-SIN-LHR sectors. SIN-LHR is confirmed and wide open but SYD-SIN is WAITLIST... and not appearing very good.

SYD flights are such a difficulty with award space, especially in premium cabins.
        Fly well,
        Travel safe,
        And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

1x Business Saver waitlist for SQ328 SIN-MUC confirmed 4 days before departure
          1x Business Saver for SQ321 LHR-SIN confirmed 2 weeks before departure

Comment

Is there much of a difference between waitlisting and expedited waitlisting?

I called to make a change to my award ticket to add a stopover and one leg is waitlisted. When I go to my reservations I see the original award ticket and a second award ticket with the new itinerary with the waitlisted leg. They said to call back in 3-4 business days. If it has not gone through they will send it back again to their rev department.

Comment

Originally posted by Astrophsx View Post
              Is there much of a difference between waitlisting and expedited waitlisting?

I called to make a change to my award ticket to add a stopover and one leg is waitlisted. When I go to my reservations I see the original award ticket and a second award ticket with the new itinerary with the waitlisted leg. They said to call back in 3-4 business days. If it has not gone through they will send it back again to their rev department.
              The waitlist is prioritized. And yes, depending on your status with the airline, they can request an expedited confirmation if there are seats available.

Comment

I booked SFO-HKG-SIN-MNL.. but I guess it is really booked as SFO-SIN-MNL. I wanted to add a stopover in HKG, but when I called in they said something about the SFO-HKG segment now being a waitlist.

So they've created this itinerary:
                SFO-HKG (Waitlisted)
                HKG-SIN
                SIN-MNL

Is there any reason they cannot just move my current seat from the SFO-HKG flight? Or, since it is booked SFO-SIN they have to rebook the entire ticket even though I stop in HKG. Is this something a manager can do over a normal CSR?

Comment

Originally posted by Astrophsx View Post
                  I booked SFO-HKG-SIN-MNL.. but I guess it is really booked as SFO-SIN-MNL. I wanted to add a stopover in HKG, but when I called in they said something about the SFO-HKG segment now being a waitlist.

So they've created this itinerary:
                  SFO-HKG (Waitlisted)
                  HKG-SIN
                  SIN-MNL

Is there any reason they cannot just move my current seat from the SFO-HKG flight? Or, since it is booked SFO-SIN they have to rebook the entire ticket even though I stop in HKG. Is this something a manager can do over a normal CSR?
                  Am not an expert on the booking system, but I wonder if the system allocates X number of SFO-SIN seats and Y number of SFO-HKG seats on the same plane. So while you had a seat for the former, the latter is "full". Just a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                    Am not an expert on the booking system, but I wonder if the system allocates X number of SFO-SIN seats and Y number of SFO-HKG seats on the same plane. So while you had a seat for the former, the latter is "full". Just a guess.
                    You're correct. I was booked on SIN-SFO-SIN in J and wanted to change my SFO-SIN flight. Even though the website showed seats available for purchase I could only be put on WL by my agent and it had to be confirmed by the controller because my originating sector was SIN and not SFO. Was informed that there is a quota based on originating sector. Perplexing to me.

Comment

booked for my Nominee:

1 x Y-Saver for SIN-JFK confirmed 8 months before flight on 30 Aug

1 x J-Saver same flight .... Waitlisted for 8 months
                      Seat cleared 26 hours before flight
                      Took it and cancelled the Y-Saver but paying a penalty of USD30
                      (Airport taxes was more than SGD55 lower than 8 months ago though)

Comment

The waitlist is prioritized. And yes, depending on your status with the airline, they can request an expedited confirmation if there are seats available.
                        Should I call in more often? I guess I'm confused how the expedited confirmation works. The knowledge of the people when I call in is sometimes not that great. I have no status with the airline, but they said that they put me through an expedited request. They say to call back in 5 days if it doesn't go through.. so do I just keep doing that or did they put me on the top of the list?

Comment

Even then, nothing is guaranteed. And even then, they can make mistakes like telling you to remain on the waitlist even when the flight is entirely sold out and you'd rather have bought a revenue ticket.

Comment

Does status priority help nominees? I'm waitlisted SIN-MAN for January with my Dad's miles (he's PPS but I'm Silver) and was hoping his status would help speed things up.

Comment

Waitlisted in March this year for J class LAX-NRT January 11th 2016 to match up with J class NRT-SIN-SYD confirmed. Got notification of confirmation of missing sector on Saturday. Actually won't be taking as have already booked alternative routing (also on SQ).

Comment

With 7 days to go, waitlist for SIN-NRT in J still hadn't cleared despite 3 phone chasers after noticing there were 23/42 unallocated seats (Mrs mingster and mingster jr already confirmed on the flight 3 months back). Noticed that a normal award flight search showed Saver awards for that flight available this morning so just booked that instead and cancelled the waitlist before reporting the problem to SQ. I wonder if my waitlist would have eventually cleared if I had just left it.

Comment

Working...
                                X